Team Integra Forums banner

4801 - 4820 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,801
the most run-around Dragon for me was what, 3 years ago (when Casey was there)

2x as many cars showed up than i expected, threw all my plans out of whack, plus the Ninja-Sword/Football-Helmet incident (lol.. gotta love Peyton), plus a FL member was more or less stranded there...

ugghhh... just an exhausting year... no more of those for me !!

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
Looks good!
When you are done with both sides, jack up the suspension underneath the lower arm to get the suspension to where it would be when the car is on the ground with the weight of the car resting on it, then re-tighten those bushing bolts. This just makes sure it is tight. I've had a few times (both on my Integra and a CL) where they would need a tad bit more tightening after positioning it like that (both the Skunk 2 and stock arms).

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
The bushing bolts on the new upper control arms, just to ensure that they will be tight when they are at their acting position. And, while you are jacking it up, check to make sure the bushings aren't twisting in an abnormal way...if they are, loosen them up, let them come back to a natural way of sitting, jack the suspension up, and tighten them that way. Kind of hard to explain through typing.

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
I'm with Evan. Treat it like other suspension bushings. Tighten to free motion, jack suspension to ride height, then fully tighten. For the UCA inner bolts, I'm still at a loss for a torque spec, mainly because the OEM unit doesn't have one either. But you should be able to do it by feel.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,806
hmm... i tightened them down pretty good *before* i put them into place (driver side = completely together, passenger side has the new UCA in place, that's it), the UCA still pivots freely... i think those nuts and bolts will be just fine

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
After driving around for about 100 miles or so, just recheck it to make sure it is still tight...making sure that movement and use did not loosen it.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,808
So just got car back from alignment shop..... bad driver side bearing now (wtf)..... i can't think of anything else that would have caused this massacre except for the spin out on the track....

ordered a new one, it'll be here on Wednesday.... so now, she sits idle once again

I checked the wheel bearing (12 to 6 movement check, there was none) earlier in the week when i put the driver side together with the camber kit, but it shows it's broken-ness when the car is moving

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,813
So new bearing and hub got here today

Jacked up the car, there is absolutely zero 12-to-6 play in the driver wheel

Is that just one if the tells of a bad wheel bearing and or hub, or the only tell?

My trusted wheel/tire/alignment place says its bad but I'd HATE to blow through another $70 and the few hrs labor it's going to take me for nothin'

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
Does it drag at all when you spin the wheel freely?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,816
There was no noticeable 3 to 9 play..

I decided I'm just going to replace the stuff.... will do that after work today....

this wobble is pretty bad and it's very much coming from the driver side area, isn't really much else this could be

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,817 (Edited)
Last night I pulled everything apart (again).... pressed out the hub and half the bearing with the press here at house. I had nothing to successfully press out the second half of bearing though, so ended up bringing knuckle, bearing and hub up to local place, just got the call it's ready..... here's hoping this solves my car's ills !!

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,818
While I only drove it around the block after done, it appears that all my issues = fixed...

here's hoping that after I bring it back to the alignment shop in the morning that everything is A-OK.....

It'll be nice to drive her again, as she has maybe 100 ish miles on her in the past 2 months total

·
Registered
2,902 Posts
I know the feeling of wanting to drive your car lol, after just having bought my GSR and it being in the garage for a week torn apart lol.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,820
aaaaaand car = fully restored to full operating capability again.

All aligned (but man, he fought with those Skunk 2 camber adjustments he said, lol) and ready to drive....

4801 - 4820 of 6485 Posts