Team Integra Forums banner

4621 - 4640 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,621
Work from today:

Pressed in my passenger side hub and bearing

Got the rear engine mount out, wow what a pain in the ass, but it was time with head and SC out..... as you can see it was TOAST

Passenger side was a *****, nothing a piece of wood and mallet didn't fix

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,622
Moar stuff !!

- New intake manifold gasket
- Cool little tool to lock in place the cams while doing a timing belt install and other cam-related stuff

Head is done, getting ready to go pick it up now

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,623
Head back from machine shop

oooh shiny !!

Total cost: $403 which included the tank bath, all the valve stuff + the added expense of new exhaust valve guides and the associated labor

Outside sitting up on my work bench (now all covered up to stay clean until this weekend)

Inside the top end

Underside

I'm now rockin' dual valve springs on the exhaust side

And a peek inside the exhaust chambers shows the shiny new guides (guy at shop said the intake side was perfectly fine)

Heeeeeyyyyoooooooo

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,629
Bolted up the Jackson to the head tonight.... just a few more days before getting all this together

Stuff to do before the guys get here Saturday for all the big work:

- mount my oil pressure sending unit out of the way

- clean up injector harness (still has my old ODBII plugs on there)

- clean and neaten up anything else I can while I have so much room to work with

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,632
Yeah, putting the head back on and then all the cams and lifters back in = the "big" part

Jeffaome already got the new water pump in and the timing belt is ready to get slipped on..

So for Saturday it'll be:
- get head-gasket/head/SC in place
- put in ARP studs from above and torque down
- assemble cams and lifters and all that jazz
- bolt up the SMSP in place
- slip on timing belt (hoping it's just this easy with the cam lock tool)
- install that 3rd engine mount
- adjust valve lash
- put on distributor and VTAKs solenoid
- get valve cover on
- get P/S pump back in place and put all the belts back on
- fill with fluids
- start car (!!)
- adjust the timing, i may need to double check with John @ phearable, but I think I was at 17 degrees
- fire up the grill and enjoy some beers with friends making this all happen

·
Premium Member
11,572 Posts
Steve,

Do you cam gears have the TDC arrows etched on them like the Type R?

If so, just make sure everything is lined up (and make sure there aren't any spark plugs in). I did the most recent timing belt job eyeballing the TDC mark on the crank sprocket using the oil pump mark for reference and then just made sure the cam arrows were pointing at each other. Every other time before this, I had to redo the timing belt because something was off. This time, it's perfect (except for the fact that i forgot to swap the USDM crank sprocket onto the JDM engine -> fail).

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,638
This time, it's perfect (except for the fact that i forgot to swap the USDM crank sprocket onto the JDM engine -> fail).
So have you determined that this was the issue? move the sprocket over yet? get to see that Google Doc I sent ya?

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Z
You get that torque in yet? I love using mine, makes me feel like a pro because I'm torquing down the smallest of the small bolts to spec lol!

4621 - 4640 of 6485 Posts