Registered
4,783 Posts
sorry. posted too late.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,462
Call off the hounds !!

The flapper door that the HVAC control/cable control was stuck, i unhooked the cable and manually turned the lever to go to "A/C" and cold air was barreling in through the vents! my cheeks were numb from it being so cold... not sure yet what kind of ordeal it'll be to fix/replace that part, but I'm all good through the summer as I have zero need to flap it back to "heat"...

Me = very happy right now !! the thought of driving through hot and sticky FL and GA to get to the track w/o A/C would have been challenging !

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,464
I've been hearing a clunk the past few days, thinking something under the car needed some tightening.... looks like it's the driver axle.... luckily i have a spare !! lol

the adventure never ends

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,466
Whew... what a long night.....

So got that axle on without incident... my great neighbor across the street heard air tools going on so came over to see what I was up to, I got to show him the "craftsman-ratchet-to-pop-ball-joint-trick" as well as the "use-a-brick-to-knock-out-the-axle-from-the-half-shaft-trick", lol

Mike/integratuner77, you'll appreciate this pic :)

After the axle install, I got the trailer all loaded up

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
I got to show him the "craftsman-ratchet-to-pop-ball-joint-trick" as well as the "use-a-brick-to-knock-out-the-axle-from-the-half-shaft-trick"
I know the first one. I tried to find the second one, but came up empty.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,468
At CMP.... 7.5 hr drive towing/carrying like 1000 pounds

She did fine, AC worked like a champ, we had tunes going thanks to my amp rack bypass, the TunerView helped me keep track of stuff (what a roller coaster IAT temps are depending on load), only thing I didn't like was the oil temps sitting at 220 almost the whole time... not the end of the world, but I just wish it was more 210-ish

Both the GSR and the wife's 1000RR are already setup and prepped for tomorrow.... 5 sessions each

Looking forward to seeing how the subframe brace feels out there, it's going to take some adjustin' !!

Oh also, not even the slightest hint of ANY oil seepage with this new oil pan gasket in place.. I simply cannot say enough how awesome it is.... worth every single penny :)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,471
Great day at the track.... got stuck in the DE class but it just took two sessions to get out of that before I was running in "solo"

Only had one issue today in that I completely torched my front driver brake pads.... took me about 10 mins to swap out pads and rotor once it cooled down enough..... sway bar and traction bar upgrades felt great, well worth the investment

Wife had fun too out on her 5 sessions out there with sport bikes, they are pretty intense out there!

Thanks so so so much for member pythonscott to come out and hang today, he's such a great guy and fun to talk to.... hope he comes to the Dragon Run...... he took ton of great pics of the wife and I out there, I'll post some tomorrow night when we get home (we drove the 2.5 hrs to my mom and dads for Mother's Day, 8 hr drive from here to home tomorrow)

Thanks everyone for help on getting past various issues and upgraydz over the past few months, it all paid off in spades today !!!!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,474
Pics: (thanks to Scott bringing his camera, i forgot my SLR)

Few pics of my wife

Me and phythonscott

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,475
Here is a pic of my brake pad failure, well, over-usage... Was able to swap out the rotor and pass in between session

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,480
So 18 hours driving totaling 1100 miles over a 3 day period = exhausting..... it's going to be a rough monday of work :-(

Burned through almost 3/4 a quart of oil over the weekend, I *may* try to get those valve seals done before the event in June......

4461 - 4480 of 6485 Posts