Team Integra Forums banner

4081 - 4100 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,081
Your header is still looking awesome! That coating is definitely holding up well.
I'm sooooooo happy with the coating... i was actually laughing at myself that i spent a few mins covering it up with rags so i wouldn't goosh oil all over it when i took the oil filter off...... i've hit "obsessive" levels when it comes to my car.... alright alright, i hit that level a long long loooong time ago :)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,082
So got the sub box up.... man, i KNEW my hold down was going to break because of rust/age.. i was proven correct on that...

Already working on getting the Hurricane Bolts in place, this whole thing will be plug and play at some point today (i hope)

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,084
How do the "Dragon Pitt" motorcycle coasters play into this project?
they had slipped down there behind my sub box, whooops

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,085
so another track day in the books... went to "The FIRM" up in Starke FL (~ 90 miles from the house) for an open track day

met some new friends with great cars, learned a new track and had a good time... this was an open a track day as one could get, there was only 10 cars there total and from 9am-noon and 1-4pm it was just "go on the track as you please"

i got a few hours of seat time, had my first "wheels off" experience (and its caught on GoPro), and got to put the GSR through her paces...

got a few videos i'll post up in the next few days

only pics i took

funny sign, oops

time to drive home.... i'll post videos later!!!

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Nice. The FIRM is the 'home track' for the Grassroots Motorsports guys. Some of the nicest guys in backyard wrenching/racing, and their magazine is good too.

4-offs are a way of life when you push the envelope, or on your first ride on an unfamiliar track. At least for me. I have trouble taking it easy. :vtec228:

I wear this un-ironically:
http://blipshift.com/products/fouroffs-landscaping

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,087
That = AWESOME !!! I signed up to be notified when they come back on sale... hah...

my off the track experience was because there was a guy in a (totally ****ing bad-ass) Saleen behind me (w/ my GoPro on his front bumper) and a 2013 Porsche 911 behind him, so I was trying to go faster to set the pace.... it was late in the day so we were just out there to do GoPro and I felt bad because I was holding them back....

ah well, it was a good experience to go through and come out with no issues :)

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
my off the track experience was because there was a guy in a (totally ****ing bad-ass) Saleen behind me (w/ my GoPro on his front bumper) and a 2013 Porsche 911 behind him, so I was trying to go faster to set the pace.... it was late in the day so we were just out there to do GoPro and I felt bad because I was holding them back....
Wave arounds are your friend ;-)

Honestly, one of the things that was drilled into me as a kid in shifter karts and reinforced as an adult on-track is if someone is gaining, let them around. HPDE != racing. In 4 years of occasional track days and HPDEs I've only ever seen one passing flag, and that was because the dude was in an Atom and I couldn't see him behind me.

It's a stark contrast to my stupidity on my first lap, which inevitably includes cold tires, a damp track, wet grass, and at least 2 wheels off, likely four, and the open mocking and derision of my fellow drivers when we get called in for a second safety meeting. One of these days the humiliation will stick and I'll go easy until things warm up.

All in all though, you're doing a lot better than I did when I first got into track time. I'm jealous.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,089
Well, in this go-round we were specifically out there to get video.... weren't racing, weren't passing, but i still felt i was holding them back... if my GoPro wasn't recording me from his bumper, i would have pointed him by long before i went off track (which was two wheels off on a straight, so after the split second i knew i had control of the car, i came back on track)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,090
One video up... this is the Saleen following me, it's about 5 mins, 55 seconds where I got overly aggressive going over a "kink", I ran over it too much, and had to make some corrections

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,094
He only outran you a few times, good lap! It looks like a fun track
lol, i wish.... he was letting me keep up so I could keep him in video frame :)

====================

So was at Ace Hardware this morning and they have a KILLER special on these wrenches, they are absolutely perfect to keep in the car since they are so versatile... everyone reading this, go get a set ! NOW !! go go go !! :)

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,095
So I forgot earlier to post a pic of the bare insides of my GSR, this is with all the stereo stuff out

Drilled the holes for the hurricane bolts, and here are the nuts in place all dug into the wood... this will work great for what I want to do !

The trip to Ace this morning was to get the necessary parts to re-do the spare tire hold down.... bought a long threaded stud, cut it down with a Dremel, and then used nuts and lock washers to make a solid place to screw the sub box back into place

Last night while I was cleaning up from the track visit and prepping for this morning, a neighbor came over to borrow something that I needed a ladder to get, as I grabbed the ladder he pointed out what I put my hand just inches away from..... :: whew ::, that could have gotten ugly if this Black Widow ***** got me

Attachments

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
hows the quality on those ace wrenches? they peaked my interest rather easily (this is dangerous for my wallet lol)

that is A LOT of sound deadening, but i bet you dont have the little rattles i do when my subs are in (somethimes they bother me, other times the exhaust and windows make it to where i cant hear it anywhays lol)

and damn thats a big ass black widow, makes me wana spray out my garage with bug spray, just be sure those nooks and crannies arent homes.

next time theres a track day at FIRM i hope i can make it. ive wanted to get out there for awhile, but between school and all the other crap ive got going on i havent even gotten to autox out there yet.

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Nicely done, both the mod and avoiding the spider.

NB: Those are tee-nuts. Hurricane nuts are specifically the ones with the reverse rifling on the body. Similar, but not the same.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,098
hows the quality on those ace wrenches? they peaked my interest rather easily (this is dangerous for my wallet lol)
they're great.... and $6 is a steal (i think i paid $20 for the same set last Xmas)

that is A LOT of sound deadening, but i bet you dont have the little rattles i do when my subs are in (somethimes they bother me, other times the exhaust and windows make it to where i cant hear it anywhays lol)
Rattles/buzzes in my car: zero

next time theres a track day at FIRM i hope i can make it. ive wanted to get out there for awhile, but between school and all the other crap ive got going on i havent even gotten to autox out there yet.
keep in mind too, and I got burned by this the other day, they require an SA-2010 helmet to go on the track... (this wasn't the case in a NASA or Solo event, as my other helmet was fine)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
good to know on the helmet. thats one of the first autox related purchases im making once im employed. a helmet and numbers are required to go into year two as far as im concerned lol (especially since i now have a tire trailer, tires and rims specifically for autox) a camera setup is up there too lol

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4,100
Alright, so last night I bombed the garage with bug killer stuff, hopefully that will keep spiders away for a while.....

got the sub box back in place with the "new" hold down bolt, I slopped a bunch of Permatex anti-seize on there to try to avoid rusting/seizing

Swung by Radio Shack last night and picked up some Molex plugs... so the top row of 4 two-pin plugs is for the subwoofer wire (I'm going to split each of the two wires over their own set of plugs to try to avoid voltage drops)

the bottom row is three 12 pin plugs (which I'll be using 8 pins) where one will come from the speakers (male), one from the amps (female), and I thought a neat idea would be to run a set of speaker wires from the radio and slap another female plug on the end so that if I removed the amps/sub I could simply plug in the four corner speakers directly to the radio so I would have *something* while all that stuff is out.... this should work out very well !!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone !

Attachments

4081 - 4100 of 6485 Posts