Team Integra Forums banner

381 - 400 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
After you've had the tires for a little while post back and let us know what you think of them. I picked up some nexen n2000(very differant from yours, but still nexen) and i have been nothing but thrilled with them so far. Had two of them on for 14k and they still have PLENTY of tread life left, which is a huge change from my sp-901's that i had previously. The only thing i don't like is that i'm getting a small vibration at anything above 80, but theres really no need for me to go faster than that 99% of the time so it doesn't bother me too much, could be a balancing issue, too.
Ryan

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #382
Catching up:
Ryan, it's been over a month with the new tires, i love 'em... they're quiet, smooth and ride very good....

New business:

All right, so it's been a loooong while since i have done anyting to the GSR, she's been neglected, well more like "on hold" as i get ready for vacation...

BUT... today i received something i had put on order a while ago, and that's some nice Team-Integra.net-embroidered floormats, check 'em out

I ordered 10 sets of these, and i will be selling them, but not right this sec... i still haven't decided on price and there is another small issue that i hope to soon resolve.....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #385

·
Registered
1,003 Posts
Those look like an exact fit, are they the same dimensions as OEM? And if so, what company did you go through? Whats the quality like?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #388
So it's been way too long since I have spent any time on the GSR, that changed today (despite the heat)

Yesterday I had a local tint shop strip the old tint and put some darker/better stuff on.... in this, i noticed this morning that my rear window defroster didn't work

Poking around, i found this cut in the defroster lines:

I am really in no mood to go back there and argue/blame over this... so i picked up one of those repair kits to fix it myself, but i have to wait for a cooler time to fix it as the intructions say don't do it if it's over 75 degrees (and it was like mid 90's this afternoon)

So other things i fixed up:

- My driver's side unlock switch wasn't working, turned out a wire connector broke on my unlock byapss relay.. it looked fine so it took me a while to figure out what was up, but it's fixed now

- My driver's side midbass speaker spacer was falling apart (the birch wood is splitting), so fixed that up.. while i was at it i modified some door pockets that i picked up off of member integratuner77 so that my 6x8 spacers would have a little more clearence

- You can see that my wiper arms needed some attention

after some light sanding, two coats of primer and two coats of black, they now look like this

- I have always wanted a 12v power outlet in back for charging things, using my inverter, or to plug in my 12v tester, so i wired one in while i had the interior gutted out (yesterday morning i gutted everything behind the front seats to to make it easier for the tint-ers)

- A few months ago i got a Street Styler pre-production CF fuse cover for under the hood.. finally put this on (with just simple double stick tape)

- And lastly, member "Havokgroup.com", our decal supplier, set me up with some silver side window decals... so i scrapped off the hard-to-see blue ones i had and put these ones on

Still shopping for a place to do my engine work.... the question for sure is not "if" but rather "when" and "who" at this point

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Nice work, Steve! ... Exactly what Sunday's are all about!

... I wish I would have had the same success with my car that you had with yours today :(

·
Registered
469 Posts
That reminds me, I need to pick up a TI sticker from you...

And I am loving the inverter plug, great idea and I clean install. I need to do something similar.

·
Registered
838 Posts
Hey Steve, did you ever get around to fixing you're defroster lines. I'm in the same boat and i am wondering how it came out. Is the patch noticeable with the tint?

Thanks,
Justin

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #396
Ooops.. sorry I missed that reply

No, I have not gotten to fixing the defroster yet as it states on there to avoid doing it in hot weather... and it is summer in FL after all :)

Today I got two new axles put on the teg as well as two motor mounts, which were reported to me as cracked :-(So they replaced the lower torque mount and the upper engine mount....She's all ready for next week's 1800 mile adventure to deal's gap!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Man I wouldn't even sweat that rear defroster. I haven't used mine since I tinted the car eight years ago. They didn't cut mine but I just decided against using it for my own personal reasons. Lifetime titanium tint or not I am not running any heat under that tint no matter what. Too expensive to risk. My back window has never frosted up that bad to actually need to use it.

·
Premium Member
4,006 Posts
The Lighter port on the back is awesome, what did you wire it to? the light above it?

The car looks great, hope its ready for the dragon run.

381 - 400 of 6485 Posts