Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
LSturbointeg on Jan/08/06 said:
Hey Stephen, we both had similar damages to the rear quarter panels...did they drill holes and pull them out or did they literally cut it out, fixed it, than welded it back into place??
I have no idea "how".. i just dropped it off and picked up up two weeks later

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
MorningZ on Jan/08/06 said:
Quote: LSturbointeg on Jan/08/06Hey Stephen, we both had similar damages to the rear quarter panels...did they drill holes and pull them out or did they literally cut it out, fixed it, than welded it back into place??

I have no idea "how".. i just dropped it off and picked up up two weeks later
considering how bad it appeared in the photograph, I don't think they could have come out with a good outcome if they did the drill method.. if anything, they probably did the other one, the slice and weld one.. I mean I'm not a collisions expert, but I think I remember reading or hearing or some crap about each method's structural rigidity reliability and whatnot.

other than that, I rem' reading about the accident, and then another topic where you talk about the CF-inserts.. glad the car is still looking great (=any more possible future plans after suspension and braking system ?

~P2P

·
Registered
572 Posts
I love the Falken Torque 5's I used to have those on my car in 18" but I felt they were a bit much and sold them for a little bit of nothing. Now I miss them so much I was thinking of getting them in 17's. They look great with SSBP.

·
Administrator
43,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
tiger6386 on Jan/10/06 said:
considering how bad it appeared in the photograph, I don't think they could have come out with a good outcome if they did the drill method.. if anything, they probably did the other one, the slice and weld one

That didnt happen, because on that backside of that outer skin i had some dynamat installed, and its still there, so that tells me that the metal wasn't replaced

Quote: tiger6386 on Jan/10/06 any more possible future plans after suspension and braking system ?
Currently, not much.... i am really really really enjoying the quiet-ness of the stock header and exhaust, looking back at my last teg, the exhaust i had was just down right annoying... i'm still on the hunt for painted side skirts or better yet, the OEM body kit, but theres no huge rush

·
Registered
589 Posts
Hey, I see you are in South Florida. Where did you have your body work done? I need to get some stuff painted and those seem like fair prices, everything here costs too much (Palm Beach County SUCKS)!

·
Registered
589 Posts
Where you satisfied with there work? I was always led to believe to stay away from big chains (I have never heard of them).

·
Registered
71 Posts
Was that spring/shock combo reccomended by NL Motoring? I just had to ask because thats the same setup i have, but after putting it on and then looking at the numbers (oops), i'm not sure how long the reds will last, ive tried to contact koni by phone but the reps are always busy...

As far as the springs go tho, i like the drop, and I can tolerate the spring rates, and friend that has them on his 325i constantly complains about how ther're to soft for him, but i think theyre a nice comprimise.

·
Administrator
43,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
BudgetLSRacer on Jan/11/06 said:
Was that spring/shock combo reccomended by NL Motoring?
I guess you could say that, as recommendations were being thrown around while sitting at the BlackJack and/or Roulette tables in NY NY Hotel in Vegas while we were hanging out back when SEMA was going on

Good words that you like the tolerable spring rates, i can't wait to get all this stuff on (looks like it'll be next weekend) and experience it first hand.....

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
MorningZ on Jan/11/06 said:
hey we have one next to my house!! sort'a.. they are AWESOME... despite my ''2-week'' wait for work on (my car) it turned into 8-9 weeks.. I love them 'cause they did a HELL of a job, and their, like, warranty thing ain't too shabby ya' know
I mean the damage was really bad, so bad... mmann.. they did a phenomonal job.. I never heard of them and thought it was just a localised thing.. glad you went there and was happpy (=

yeah, I know the entire exhaust thing is like tempting & decisive, but I mean the tradeoff, that being the quietness tone, is so hard to pass up for an exhaust... =\

~P2P

·
Registered
532 Posts
MorningZ on Jan/11/06 said:
Quote: BudgetLSRacer on Jan/11/06Was that spring/shock combo reccomended by NL Motoring?
I guess you could say that, as recommendations were being thrown around while sitting at the BlackJack and/or Roulette tables in NY NY Hotel in Vegas while we were hanging out back when SEMA was going on

Good words that you like the tolerable spring rates, i can't wait to get all this stuff on (looks like it'll be next weekend) and experience it first hand.....
Any updates on the teg
Weekends are usually good times for cars.

·
Administrator
43,012 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
All right, after a full day of working on here and making the 4 hour trek back home, she's a totally different ride now

And we even have time to put on my Comptech rear lower bar that i saved from my old teg.. if you ever are going to install one of these, be prepared for some serious cursing, lol.... as its one pain in the a__ of an install

Up next will be new sway bars and steel braided brake lines....... then i'll debate/decide what to do engine wise......

until that time, i'll enjoy it as is, thanks for Chris and Danielle for the hispitality and helping/doing the install

·
Registered
10,996 Posts
looks great lowered

21 - 40 of 6485 Posts
About this Discussion
6.5K Replies
428 Participants
MorningZ
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing