Team Integra Forums banner

3861 - 3880 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
I had thought your original oil leaks were from the Hose - Barb connection rather than at the threads of the fitting. That sealant seems to be holding up well.. Noted for my oil line install.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,863
nah, it was the right angle piece going into the sandwich plate... the actual hose-on-the-barb-with-the-clamp-holding-it-on seemed to be perfectly fine after a few thousand miles

Yellow arrows were leaking or seemed to be leaking, the Blue arrow was perfectly fine

Attachments

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
And just another thing to note, there is a right and wrong way to wrap the teflon. You want it going the direction that doesn't bunch it up when the part is threaded into the hole.
The day I finally figured this out > everything

Good to know the hose and barb is not leaking as well Steve.. That makes my oil cooler set up a whole lot cheaper lol

·
Registered
180 Posts
If you or anyone has trouble with a hose-barb connection, i have fount that the smooth/top clamp style seem to work better on a troublesome connection, just be sure to get a size closely matched to your hose. They work much better especially on small diameter hose.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,868
So task # 1 today was that my woofer grill for my 15" L7 has been broken for a long time and with the right frequency would rattle like crazy..... yes, yes, I need to just buy a new one, but I've spent so much money this week and will next week on vacation that my fix for the short term was some good ol' JB Weld (sorry echlon, Hondabond just wasn't gonna cut it here)

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Z, I just got my LED's in the mail (the same interior lights you got). I got the map lights in and they seem bright but I'm waiting to see them at night! I'm trying to get the dome light now, I got the cover off, but do both ends of the LED just go into those prongs? It seems like they bend fairly easy and the LED seems to long to fit in between the prongs, just wanted to ask before I go breaking one off.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,870
Task # 2 today was getting some good GoPro mounting solutions done on the car...... both TurboLS and KaBlookie had something like this going on, and I liked it... made one major addition though, a tether for the camera housing just in case the stuck-on base gave out....

Here's all the stuff I have + 3 ft of 3/16" cable I got + hammer on cable clamps

And just a test fit to get an idea of what I am trying to accomplish for a tether... This eBay auction is where I got the idea, I figured I could do better and cheaper than that (and I did, I spent $2.84 total on the cable and clamps above)

Figured out by test fitting a few times to get the lengths an loop sizes... the loop on the bottom left is "fixed" and goes around the screw on GoPro screw holder thing from the "small" side of it.. when this is screwed into the base, the camera cannot slip out of the loop.... the top right loop is adjustable thanks to the "stopper" i put on the end of the cable... this let's me adjust/open-up that loop to fish the other side of the cable through... all this will make sense in later pics

Here is the tether looped through itself onto the bumper and then the fixed loop inside the GoPro screw holder

Here is the GoPro in the waterproof housing all mounted up... so if the sticky base gives out, the tether will save the camera from falling off the car

Ready for action !

the Hero 3 rocks as it's built in WiFi + the GoPro App allows one to preview, start/stop, turn on/off, and setup the camera (SUPER helpful feature)

***** Edit ********

Was able to sneak in time for a quick 47 second test of the front mount

(YouTube link to the HD video)

***** / Edit *******

To the rear mount.... didn't take me long to realize that the top of the trailer hitch is a solid and stable base for a mount, I just had to decide the best parts to use... I ended up needing to grind off one rounded end of the sticky mount and then use the middle part in this pic

Here is the grinded-down sticky mount in place

And with that GoPro neck snapped into place, it gives me a fantastic and stable mount, plus I can use the tether I made... one cavaet on the back side, the Touchscreen Backpack makes it too wide and the license plate is in the way.... here I have the "naked" case on my Hero 3 Black, I can use the waterproof housing if I remove the backpack and change the back door... not a deal breaker, it doesn't take long to do this..... option 2 is just to screw on a little extension piece that GoPro provides, that will let me put the camera out farther from the license plate and fit with a backpack on

Next up, I'll need to get some footage !!! but for now... night night Teg

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,871
Hey Z, I just got my LED's in the mail (the same interior lights you got). I got the map lights in and they seem bright but I'm waiting to see them at night! I'm trying to get the dome light now, I got the cover off, but do both ends of the LED just go into those prongs? It seems like they bend fairly easy and the LED seems to long to fit in between the prongs, just wanted to ask before I go breaking one off.
you've got to bend the prongs so it'll fit in there

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,875
here is a quick 47 second video test from the front mount... it was too dark to do a test of the rear one.. man, this front location really pronounces my favorite whining in the whole world !

Just to note, clicking this link and viewing on YouTube is much mo' better than just watching the embedded one below

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,878
those two were done in 1080p / 30 fps, but uploading to YouTube completely destroyed the excellent resolution (both videos look sharp here on the computer with the raw mp4 files)

Max resolutions and framerates for the Black are:
- 4000p 12 fps,
- 2700p 30 fps
- 1440p 48 fps
- 1080p 60 fps
- 720p 120 fps

I had gone down in frame/sec to alleviate some of the "fish eye" effect, i hate that

===============

if you're a new GoPro owner and want to understand the modes, DEFINITELY check out this post

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,880
Hmm... looking at iMovie they have "720" next to the videos, i know they were recorded, well my "tests" were anyways in 1080

so looks like at the root the issue is iMovie, I'll have to figure that out....

upping the front mount video to Vimeo now as you see, I'll have to see if i can tell the difference between it and YouTubez

Attachments

3861 - 3880 of 6485 Posts