Team Integra Forums banner

3821 - 3840 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Wow those interior lights look dope, not just because of the light output but LEDs give off a much more white coloured light. Much better then regular yellowish lights.

·
Registered
832 Posts
Thinking about ordering these, but wondering why you didn't put the cover back on the map lights?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,826
Upgrades I would like (doesn't mean "get", just "want") before next year's event, some of these items i've been saying for years now, heh

- Change out all the crappy plastic/press-fit lines of the methanol tank to steel lines and AN fittings ($150, i don't get the "upgrade" price)

- Replace driver front brake rotor, pretty sure it's fubar

- Jethot coating for my header

- Remove one of the two oil sandwich plates (move pressure and temperature to better locations)

- Get the needed paint done (post on top of page 273)

- would still really like to do something on the inside to get better seat belts in there (like this)… mine seriously suck

- I need to change out some gauges… I've absolutely fallen for GlowShift's new "MaxTow" series

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,828
Spent a little time last night on post-Dragon maintenance:

A familiar sight for my car :-(

First and foremost was checking that lower alternator bolt.... which was loose.... again.... uggghhh

I had picked up some "blue" thread lock, and I had an extra alternator bolt and nut, so i put the better nut on there.... hopefully between that new nut and the thread lock this issue will be behind me

For the drive home, I took the spare rim/tire I had and put that on the front driver spot, unfortunately the center cap rattles since I hadn't RTV'd this one down with the other 4... so while I had this rim off I propped it up on my work table and applied some Hondabond

And lastly, and I wish I got a better pic of it, one of the barbs for the oil cooler sandwich plate is slowly seeping oil.... I have to get all that crap down and fix that (dammit)

Attachments

·
Registered
8,324 Posts
- would still really like to do something on the inside to get better seat belts in there (like this)… mine seriously suck
Eek avoid a harness bar. A harness setup or harness bar with your seats isn't a good idea in terms of safety.

If you are looking to stay planted while driving these are your best options for use with the factory SRS:
-CG-Lock
-Scothe Rallye 4 ASM

Sorry to hear about the car woes. I agree that removing one of the sandwich plates is a good idea. Tapping the oil pan is going to give you a better temp read. A t-fitting at the factory pressure switch will keep the OEM sensor and give you an input.

I really need to gather the pieces to install the oil temp/pressure setup into 98-1040.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,834
So upon further review, I am pretty sure I am "stuck" with stacked oil plates...... I had this Fast-Turbo kit all pulled up and ready to order, and right before I clicked on the "Buy" button while in PayPal, I decided to check on something, and I'm glad I did.....

the problem is that without my GlowShift plate in place (which provides the two oil sensors with ports) that the oil cooler sandwich plate won't fit all by itself (I'm pretty sure of this)..... so I think I am stuck in the same configuration that I'm in right now

Block >> GlowShift >> Oil Cooler sandwich >> filter

without that GlowShift plate in place, it just won't work as the alternator mount against the block won't let that sandwich plate fit in there

Attachments

·
Registered
128 Posts
Hey Z, if you do decide to wire up the MAP lights to come on with the dome light when the door opens, could you do a DIY on that? Hopefully you didn't already do it...?

EDIT: Also, I decided to order those lights too, you're making that person some pretty good money here Z.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,837
Unless you have the black box PCV system...
i do indeed..... there is pretty much no where for the right angle barbs to go

- cmp

Hey Z, if you do decide to wire up the MAP lights to come on with the dome light when the door opens, could you do a DIY on that? Hopefully you didn't already do it...?
Sometime this coming week... it'll be pretty straight forward (4 feet of wire and two diodes..... i'll post about it

·
Registered
128 Posts
Alright sounds good, also just wanted to point out, your first post on this thread with the list says Dragon Run Recap 2014, is that supposed to be 2013? Also says it when you click the link.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,839
New toy, new toy, new toy !!

GoPro Hero 3 Black....

Attachments

3821 - 3840 of 6485 Posts