Team Integra Forums banner

3621 - 3640 of 6485 Posts

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,623
so finally got around to prepping and painting the 4th mesh rim, so they are now all done...

I put a few coats of clear on one of the rims, I'm really not happy with the clear as it kind of dulled the black, so I won't be using any of this on the other three rims....

still eyeing the Dunlop Direzza ZII's in a 205/50R15 size to wrap them in.....

I'm totally digging the TireRack Tire Storage Rack:

Tire Rack Tire Storage Rack

But looking for something more DIY-y (read: much cheaper) for a way to store away whatever set of rims and tires aren't on the Teg at the moment...

** edit: hmmm, found this one **

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
I built one from 2x4s and chain. Works great. Basically a horizontal cradle for the tires, a pair of verticals lagged into studs, and chain suspending the frame like a shelf. Holds 6 tires, or 4 and misc. bike parts. I can drag the camera into the garage if you want a picture or more details.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,627
I built one from 2x4s and chain. Works great. Basically a horizontal cradle for the tires, a pair of verticals lagged into studs, and chain suspending the frame like a shelf. Holds 6 tires, or 4 and misc. bike parts. I can drag the camera into the garage if you want a picture or more details.
That'd be great !

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Here you go Steve!

Pardon the mess. There's major renovation going on at home, and the garage is ground zero for...stuff.

First is the overall shot. Spotting features include bike wheels, tons of insulation for the basement, my engine support, my lip, my wife's bike rack, a spare fat five, my race tires...yeah, you get the idea.

Second is the side view. Nothing special here except to note the long deck screws and the through-mounted eye bolt. The locking shackle is important too.

Third is the top cleat. This version is my original design and was a necessity because of the stud locations in my garage. Doing it again, I'd make the cleats vertical and line them up with studs.

Last is the 'other' cleat detail. Lagged into the studs. The 2x4s that support the wheels were laid out with the frame on the floor, and the wheels in place. 45 degrees worked for me.

I'd limit it to 4-6 wheels wide with 2x4s. More than that would probably need a center chain supporting the front edge.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
Yep!

This one is going to get moved and have a brother constructed though. I now have summer/winter/race tires for my car and summer/winter tires for my wife's as well. 12 tires to store....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,631
It's been a looooooooooooong while since I've just up and gone to a local "meetup" of random people, but myself and k2 got together last night with our Tegs and hooked up with a newly formed local group...

Met a few great people, witnessed some "ricer fly-by"-s (typical), and got to talk cars with some other Integra people.... good times....

The (original) meeting place was a pretty good hike for me, then we headed to some McDonald's where some other car people go and when it was time to go home (about 12:30 am at this point) I punched into the car GPS "Go Home" and oooof, it was 72 miles to my door..... that part sucked..... heres K2 and I just rolling down Hwy 417 on the way back

Bought one of these Bluetooth adapters and am looking for a nice wires-are-hidden install of it... picked up some parts at Radio Shack this morning for the job, but man o man, their prices suck..... Going on some errands later on and am going to stop by a local place of awesomesome-ness that is known as "Sky Craft"... I should be able to pick up what I need at a fraction of the cost.....

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,632
So today's project:

Install the Kinivo BTC450 Bluetooth adapter into the Teg with a "no wires showing" install tied into my archaic Pioneer AVIC-D3 radio. This thing is so old that it doesn't charge either of my iPod nano's (one is a 3rd gen, the other a 4th gen), my "iPhone-3GS-as-an-iPod", or my current iPhone 5 (after using a 30-pin to Lightning adapter piece)... i can get music out of them, but without charging, that's kind of useless...

I probably did something that people may think I was crazy to do to my HVAC cluster piece, but it was already hacked up a little bit and I'm not all too worried about it to be honest... anyways, here goes the install:

Here is the actual piece, it is a little disc that lets me control my iPhone via Bluetooth AVCDP and I can play, pause, FF, and reverse in Pandora, the Music app, or Spotify (my music source of choice). It also has a mic that will let me talk hands free on the phone. The 12v/cigarette adapter also has a USB port, which I utilized as well..

Here is where I wanted to mount it as it would provide easy access, a nice line of sight for the mic and gave me a chance to hide it's wire

I cut up a small piece of ABS and used a butane torch to heat it up and bend it to this shape

As mentioned previously, my HVAC cluster already had a hole down here and was a little scratched up, so I found it as no big deal to use my dremel tool and make a notch that I could tuck in the wire

Here is the HVAC mounted back in place and the Bluetooth adapter solidly in place, the 3.5mm audio jack is hooked into a 3.5" jack to left/right RCA and plugged into the radio's "AV-1" inputs on the back of the radio (out of sight)

So while I don't have any pictures of the power port wiring, I bought a female 12v socket at Radio Shack and wired it in underneath the radio out of sight... as I started putting stuff back together I thought: "i should wire in a Lighting cable while I'm here", so I grabbed an extra one I had, plugged it in, and ran it along with some other center console wires. I then drilled a hole and put a snap in grommet in place, now I can slide the cable in and out as needed

Here is everything all together: playing music over Bluetooth and my iPhone is plugged in and charging

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,633
One set of Dunlop Direzza ZII's in 205/50-15 size = ordered from Tirerack (seemed to be the ONLY supplier of this particular line of tires)

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,635
Yeah, why?

Without knowing throttle position, what the A/F gauge reads at a specific point in time doesn't mean anything.....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
One set of Dunlop Direzza ZII's in 205/50-15 size = ordered from Tirerack (seemed to be the ONLY supplier of this particular line of tires)

NICE, Steve...
I'll also be in the market for tires in a few weeks. Those tires look great.
I also didn't find any other supplier/vendor for these other than tire rack.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,639
Damn... ordered at 2:30 pm yesterday, they'll be at the tire place around lunch time today (i had them shipped to a local tire/alignment place).... gotta love fast shipping

I figured out a trailer situation for the Dragon so I can tow both her motorcycle and bring these wheels and tires as well, so they'll get their first test of grip on those twisty roads !

** Edit: rims dropped off and ready for the tires to arrive, then get the car aligned **

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,640
The Good:

ZII's = mounted and balanced on the rims and rims are on the car.... these tires are DAMN sexy

With the 3mm spacers in place there is PLENTY of clearance for the upgraded caliper now...

and now onto "the bad" :-(

3621 - 3640 of 6485 Posts