Team Integra Forums banner

3301 - 3320 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Some guys I was talking to at the track in my group were talking about the "TrackAddict" iPhone app that RaceRender makes, but what sucks is all that fancy car-tie-in is ODB2 only (and my car is converted to ODB1")
Yeah, wish OBD2 honda ECUs were tunable. What were they thinking honestly?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,302
Spent a little time after the family left today and put the rear valences back on along with the molding that I got from Toyota parts dept..... now it won't scrape/rub against the bumper (like it sometimes was)

thanks to Patrick/hungry718 for the tip of dremeling the notch for the backside of the valence so it would fit better, they've never been mounted better than they are right now

Attachments

·
Registered
594 Posts
Some guys I was talking to at the track in my group were talking about the "TrackAddict" iPhone app that RaceRender makes, but what sucks is all that fancy car-tie-in is ODB2 only (and my car is converted to ODB1")
1. Revert back to OBD2.
2. Install AEM FIC
3. Retune.
4. ???
5. Profit?

:biggrin:

Probably no proper VTAK control though.

Yeah, wish OBD2 honda ECUs were tunable. What were they thinking honestly?
IIRC, the processor had about the same numbe of IO as the OBD1 processor, but with added IO requirements of OBD2 emissions control there was essentially no room to expand an allow real time programming. A few people did mess around with reprogramming the OBD2 MCUs, but they were expensive, hard to get, and required a pretty specialized burner.

It has been a long time since I was playing around on PGMFI.org with any regularity, so my memory could be fading at this point.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,306
Did u had to make a hole in your bumper?
Nope (edit: unless you mean screw in the valences to the bumper, to which the answer is "yes")

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,307

Attachments

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Z
How did you like those flare box wrenches you used on your brake tubes? I'm heading home next week so I want to order them so they'll be there when I arrive. Also I'll check up on that compressor

·
Registered
602 Posts
Z
How did you like those flare box wrenches you used on your brake tubes? I'm heading home next week so I want to order them so they'll be there when I arrive. Also I'll check up on that compressor
I can't recommend flare nut wrenches highly enough. The fittings come off a lot easier and I haven't rounded a corner with one yet.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,314
Z
I'd highly suggest spending for a set... and the set/brand i bought for $16 are very nice for the price

looking forward to the compressor, it's going to kick off a bunch of maintenance/wrench-turning for the GSR as I am going to put that in, plus a newer condensor, plus replace my low pressure line and looks like it may be time for a timing belt/water pump change while I have stuff apart too

======

Travis is correct on the floor mats, the guy who made those got a cease and desist from Honda over use of the logo

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
the compressor worked when i used it last, i just a leak somewhere and i couldnt find it. i hoses repaired but i never went the extra mile of replacing components. i just hope i have it in my garage. my memory is really blurry in that area but ill know by friday when i make it home

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,317
drooooooollllll

got an email last night from NASA talking about an early January road course at Homestead, this is the track where the final NASCAR race of the season happens... i would soooooooooooo dig to get the GSR on that track and hit that banked turn on the right !! but alas, it's too soon, I really want to get a set of "track rims and tires" (i was thinking 15" with some RE-11s) before I continue down the path of road course/autox

(put me down for "bitten by the track bug")

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #3,320
Definitely something I was going to keep in mind, there are so many posts in the big brake topic with successful 15"-s that i shouldn't have any problems

3301 - 3320 of 6485 Posts