Team Integra Forums banner

261 - 280 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
699 Posts
K40 also sells dash/windshied-mounted device, RD850...but still pretty pricey($299msrp). I don't know the capabilities of it...my friend uses the RD850 and his mom, dad and brother use the K40 hidden system (they have money...).

Back on topic: Don't let the ticket dissuade you from doing power adders...just think of it this way - power adders help you get up to cruising speed more quickly :D

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
30 mph over and you go to jail?! Man I might have to sell the bike. Doubling the speed limit is a regular thing on that. What's the point in buying anything but a Toyota Prius anymore. Boy they sure know how to spoil all the fun. Don't pay that ticket Z. Admit to guilt and your insurance company may come for you with no vasoline. Pay a lwayer and some court fees and get no points.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts
hey z, I looked over like the past 16 pages of this thread, and I was looking to see if you mentioned where you got your tails from? If you already mentioned it then I'm sorry I missed it

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Oct/04/06 said:
Without getting way too off topic, look into a valentine 1.

When I had mine, I always had ToNS of warning before I even saw the cop with my own eyes.

I still regret selling that thing...as soon as I can, I am going to purchase another.
Couldn't be more true. V1 is worth the money if your budget allows. I never owned one but always borrow my friends. The number of times that thing saved me from a ticket, I coulda bought 2 or 3 of these radar detectors with the money I woulda had to use to pay those tickets off.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #268
Well, I'm still in the market for something that atually "installs" in the car, K40 style, but not a K40 since it doesn't work very well...... (1) I don't want to attract "bad" attention by having a $400 radar detector sitting in plain sight on the dash nor (2) want to have to pull it down and hide it in the glovebox or center console every time....

And to update on the ticket..... i today faxed it off to one of those Ticket Lawyer guys, as i noticed a few major problems with my ticket:

1) She circled in an information packet that is attached to the ticket that i didn't have proof of insurance, but the problem is she didn't read my insurnance card correctly, which plainly says "Effective Date: 05/13/2006... Expires one year from effective date".. meaning that the card i had in my wallet indeed was good and valid proof

2) Right on this pamplet it says:
Miles over the limit:
10-14: $158
15-19: $183
20-29: $208
30+: $308 with the option of getting arrested

So on the actual ticket it has "Pay in the amount of $308 by mail or in person to the Clerk of the Court", which the amount was filled in by the trooper, who obviously couldn't subtract 65 from 92 to get "27" and then figure out that this number is in the "20-29" range......

Anyways, paid the attorney $80, should be able to keep this off my record (but not my conscience) with no or little extra money than that

Back to the car:
- I'll still being going forward with my engine work, but first
- ABSOLUTELY for sure am shopping new suspension to bring up the car, if even 1/2 to a full inch, i'm sick of driving with a slammed car, it's become really inconvienent

·
Registered
3,555 Posts
sorry but i had to ask, what color is that blue and where did you paint it? it looks very damn nice with the oem skirts and valance.

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Anyways, paid the attorney $80, should be able to keep this off my record (but not my conscience) with no or little extra money than that
In the words of the immortal Daffy Duck, "Conscience smoncience. I highly doubt you will lose any sleep over this issue. Not like your speeding caused an accident. It happens to the best of us buddy. Be glad this is your first in a long while. If you get off with no court fees consider yourself lucky. My charges were dropped and I got no points but I still had to pay hefty court fee. It was less than the ticket overall however.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Have you considered a very mild drop such as using the ITR springs, HR OE sports, or the eibach pro kit? I chose the HR OE sports and i love the combination of good looks and being able to navigate speedbumps without worry. Of course, as we all know, "how low to go" is totally subjective, so it is just an idea. You can check out my profile for pictures of the drop, although i beleive i am on an uneven surface for the pictures. Another note about them, i am retardedly still using my OE shocks(130k on them to boot), and i still find the ride on par with say my girlfriend's civic, and my teg handles much better in every driving condition as well. like i said, just a thought coming from another guy who can't deal with a slammed car every day,
Ryan

·
Registered
565 Posts
crash on Oct/10/06 said:
Quote: Anyways, paid the attorney $80, should be able to keep this off my record (but not my conscience) with no or little extra money than that

In the words of the immortal Daffy Duck, "Conscience smoncience. I highly doubt you will lose any sleep over this issue. Not like your speeding caused an accident. It happens to the best of us buddy. Be glad this is your first in a long while. If you get off with no court fees consider yourself lucky. My charges were dropped and I got no points but I still had to pay hefty court fee. It was less than the ticket overall however.
i just got out of a ticket with a 52 in a 30 zone. had to pay a $125 ticket and a $76.50 court fee. but its better than getting points

·
Registered
937 Posts
the valentine one unit is quite good as said before. the unit can easily be mounted above the rear view mirror as to not be seen easily with the display off, and having a remote display mounted in another location, aka the cluster or somewhere less revealing than right in front of the dash.

the unit works wonders, especially in places like new jersey where on the way to work, people are pulled over left and right everywhere. it's a good investment but of course, as you probalby already know, comes with a good sized price tag (at least compared to other window/dash mounted units).

i guess this is a good reason why auto integras were great. you could get up to high speeds, but in the end, your integra is the slowest of the bunch. heh. i found myself cringing everytime i passed 80mph.

your car looks great. let us know fully about your coilover choices. i'm looking into a similar stance with the handling benefits as you are trying to achieve. and a test run on the dragon next year wouldn't be a bad idea. i can't wait.

thanks for everythign steve.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #279
Spent a few hours this weekend working on the teg while some fellow TI-ers were in town...

Chris was nice enough to pull off and clean out the disgustingly clogged up IACV valve, which will hopefully solve my warm-start idle issues (the only test is when i leave South FL as it doesn't pull that stunt down here, it must really like SoFL air)

Also tried out the new Mobile 1 oil... i figured i'd push it towards the limit of that milage claim and see how it is when i drain it next time i change it

Chris also (and man, did it in like 5 mins) changed out my clutch's Slave Master Cylinder (thanks to Deadlock for the hookup), although that didn't solve my clutch issues (i need to post about it when i get time to draw up a diagram to help explain)

While under my car i took a few pics....

here's the SMS header/exhaust from underneath.... shown in the little balloon caption is where the guy who installed the setup zipped the second O2 sensor out of the way

And this picture... well... not good

It appears that my CV boot has ripped totally off.. thankfully there doesn't appear to be a bunch of dirt and grime in the whole works, i'll be trying to replace that boot ASAP this Saturday morning

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Very nice! ... Sounds like it was quite the little party!

... And on a sidenote, I bought a case of that Mobil1 7500 this past weekend for my next change :) I'm just as curious to see how it performs!

261 - 280 of 6485 Posts