Team Integra Forums banner

2761 - 2780 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
****, I HOPE it's the battery, much easier to replace :)

So when the belt came off the other day I drove over 250 miles
Could be time to invest in an optima yellow top, after having this battery for a few months I'm never going back to standard battery.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,762
I've had one before...... bad bad luck with it

We'll see I suppose.... when I get home I'll pull the battery and see if AutoZone will just swap it out without going through the testing bullshit

Heading home now, car went on bed with no issues (prob because of how much I raised it up to tow)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,763
Alternator is $120 at AutoZone

The JRSC install makes an alternator swap a REAL pain in the ass, but ah well, what can I do

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
Damn you're running into problems after the crv install. Making me second guess myself lol

I've got an alternator that is good if you want it. But with a warranty and the being new, id go with the autozone/Orielly's brands since it is such a pain to install.

Or take it to a rebuild shop. They can make it higher output or lower. Possibly rebuild it to allow it to spin faster safely?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,768
wow, what a morning of testing my patience

Took today off from work to deal with this ****, and what an adventure it's been

Right now the old alternator is out and brought it to AutoZone and they let me use an electric impact to swap over the pulley.... remember I bought an impact last week, but alas it's up at my g/f's 3+ hrs north of here

Speaking of my g/f, she's down here thankfully and was a HUGE help so far as her tiny hands have been able to get up to hard to reach nuts and bolts, I'm not sure if I could have pulled this off without her here

AZ also tested the battery and said its good and just needs a charging (no surprise) but their alternator testing machine is broken, so they couldn't verify the old one was toast , but it *had* to be it

To get the alternator out, I had to:
- remove Alt tensioner
- loosen the heck out of SC belt tensioner (and *almost* stripped that bolt)
- remove lower LCA bolt for shock
- remove lower ball joint
- remove that pain in the damn ass 32mm axle nut
- remove bolts holding axle bracket
- remove alternator bolts (WHAT A ROYAL PIA TO GET THE TOP ONE, ugggghhh)
- remove SC support bracket

and now I need to reassemble and pray that I'm good to go

·
Registered
738 Posts
Man every time I wonder over to this thread your fixing something!!

Good thing this didn't happen at the dragon, hope everything gets fixed and up and running shortly steve

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I will agree those alt bolts are a mother f'er

Even with my "spoiled" engine bay I hate having to deal with it.

I hope it worked out, steve

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,773
Unfortunately didn't seem to work out..... new alternator in, car cranked up (because it was at AutoZone all morning charging), and the voltage at the battery was reading: 7.6 volts while running.... if the alternator was doing its job it should show over 14 no matter the condition/state of the battery

I don't know what to do at this point... no clue whatsoever

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,774
I can't even make it to AutoZone to check the car, it won't drive that far (which is literally a mile and a half away)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,776
their testing thing said it was fine

but again, no matter what state the battery is/was in, the alternator should be doing it's job and spitting out the proper voltage

·
Registered
738 Posts
I'm assuming you checked fuses? Sounds like when it started up the car was just running on the very low voltage the battery had left. Normally you can start the car and take out the battery completely and the car will still run.

Maybe a short somewhere on the "big 3" wires? Have you re-done those three wires or are they stock? Also did you check the alt fuse? (Im assuming you've checked both hopefully)

2761 - 2780 of 6485 Posts