Team Integra Forums banner

2581 - 2600 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
Damn Steve where'd you pull the meth kit from!?! You just whipped my ass on that one lol I've always wanted to do n2o/meth injection now I'm super interested. For someone who "didn't want a fast car", you sure have all the right parts for one ;) I claim a ride when it's done :)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,582

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,584
to be honest, i'd TOTALLY dig to do the LHT setup for temps, but (1) too much $$ and (2) that JRSC is NOT coming out of the car, it's a permanent resident of my engine bay, lol

·
Registered
2,173 Posts
to be honest, i'd TOTALLY dig to do the LHT setup for temps, but (1) too much $$ and (2) that JRSC is NOT coming out of the car, it's a permanent resident of my engine bay, lol
Hahaha at reason number 2. You'll have to change the supercharger oil eventually...

Can't wait to see the car at dragon tho. Curious to see the meth set up!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,587
****ty start to the day

- Lug nuts on driver wheel = stripped to **** (thanks tire kingdom)

- Crank pulley bolt won't come off

- Can't find room for the methanol pump, I may need to mount the tank (which I purchased yesterday) and the pump in the inside the car (so the install wont be today)

I hope the day gets better

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
that sucks .. i was thinking about your bottle problem .. i had the same thing with the overflow for the rad on my car .. i didnt want it in the engin bay but still want to keep it so i rerouted the hose and mounted it into the passanger side wheel well in front of the tire

i dont think i have any picts of it but it fit there nice and its out of the way

·
Registered
1,064 Posts
that sucks .. i was thinking about your bottle problem .. i had the same thing with the overflow for the rad on my car .. i didnt want it in the engin bay but still want to keep it so i rerouted the hose and mounted it into the passanger side wheel well in front of the tire

i dont think i have any picts of it but it fit there nice and its out of the way
Exactly what I was thinking, where the intake resonator used to be (a long time ago for Z)

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,591
Wow, what a looong day..

Started up with me showing up at K2's house @ 8 am.... pull the GSR into his garage and: Tire Kingdom has put my lug nuts on too tight (a surprise, not at all)... one completely stripped out, so we were going to have to work around that (i just now ordered all new lugnuts, these Gorilla ones, good bye ****ty faded aluminum ones)

go to take off the stock crank pulley with his air tools... no dice... so we ended up going to his cousin's house and getting a crank pulley tool (sorry Max, just didn't have the balls to lock the flywheel with a screwdriver)

After fighting with it for another 30 mins, got that son of a ***** off (GSR one on left, CRV on right)

COMPLETELY had a brain freeze on the A/C belt and didn't get a new (and bigger) one, so right now i am running no A/C... just ordered the belt needed from Amazon (Bando 4PK880 for reference if you run into this thread looking/wondering), I can get that one easily enough to get A/C back

Just to note, with the B20 crank on a GSR motor with the JRSC the alternator belt is 4PK840

All said and done, I now push 8 lbs of boost through the system

Air/Fuel readings are right along with the 6 pounds I was at (12.6 on the Innovative gauge at WOT)

did not have time to do the Methanol Injection kit, I had ordred more parts anyways (a separate tank and the switch/gauge to be notified when the tank is running out of fluid), so i'll intall that later

Final pic, a random shot of SSBP from last night (my favorite time for the paint job)

Thanks for following, still got a lot of stuff to do pre-Dragon !!!

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,592
it's funny... after all this was done i stopped by my boss's house and hung out for a bit... he was checking out the car and all the stuff in it and he asked me to "put a price on this car"

I couldn't do it... not sure if that's a good or bad thing, lol

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not to bring up an old post but what ever became over your fluid leak morningz. I had the same issue with my R over the past year. Thought it was the seal and replaced it three times. Long story short the pass axle wasn't long enough (napa) for some reason, and wouldn't seat on the seal correctly.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Just goes to show how much that car is a part of your life, and what it means to you. I feel the same way about mine.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,600
Hahaha Steve I know what u mean. I'm glad u got it off though. I've never used that tool or how it even works.
it's quite ingenious actually, as it sits inside the pulley but exposes the 19mm bolt and when the crank gets the a certain point the pulley tool gets jammed into place against the body of the car keeping the crank from turning... then K2 was stepping on a breaker bar that had a 1/2" drive ratchet on it and after a few kicks/pushes the bolt came loose

Not to bring up an old post but what ever became over your fluid leak morningz. I had the same issue with my R over the past year. Thought it was the seal and replaced it three times. Long story short the pass axle wasn't long enough (napa) for some reason, and wouldn't seat on the seal correctly.
Transmission fluid leak is gone, it was just that my fill plug was loose... once i tightened it i saw a little bit of fluid the next morning, but that was just residual leaking i guess, since i haven't seen any since that last drip

Looking good boss. How's the car feel after the crank pulley?
the butt dyno doesn't really reveal nothing to me for this upgrade :)

2581 - 2600 of 6485 Posts