Team Integra Forums banner

2301 - 2320 of 6485 Posts

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Teggyracer:
About that steering column your referring to is quad pod. I ordered mine on feb 10th and I'm still waiting for it. They said on there site it takes 14 days to ship because they're made to order. I don't think stock it on the self. I'm going to contact them today to see Wth is taking so long

·
Registered
595 Posts
As far as I know, no company makes a steering column cover like I made for any Integras older than the RSX. If Quad-Pod does, I'd like a link. I don't mean to start an argument, especially on someone else's log.

This was my prototype, which echelonwarrior currently has.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Silly question
Melt you mentioned about calibrating the wideband o2. I just bought the aem wideband I thought it was more less plug and play

·
Registered
5,462 Posts
I'll chime In since I have the prototype as far as I've seen no company professionally makes one for our cars at all I searched high and low for ever and even posted a topic on TI asking ppl if they knew of anything until teggyracer stepped up and said he'd make one for me which I highly appreciate anyway it works fine but you have to not use the face plate for the aem afr bc it sticks to far out but you could also dremil it a bit so that the faceplate will not hit the wheel and your golden. Mine works amazingly and as steve has said he has seen it and even asked about it.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Silly question
Melt you mentioned about calibrating the wideband o2. I just bought the aem wideband I thought it was more less plug and play
Innovate ones have a free-air calibration routine to ensure accurate readings. I dont know about other brands.

The innovate controller wants you to hook everything up, then turn on the wideband while holding the sensor in clean air (not an exhaust pipe). It warms up and takes a reading of air to base its future readings off of. It's a bit more accurate.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
The innovate wideband systems require a free air calibration. This just entails pulling the o2 sensor out of the exhaust system and pressing a button to calibrate the system to the free air. This is supposed to be done every couple thousand miles and every time a new sensor is installed. I'm not sure if AEM systems have this function as well or not.

Everythings looking good Steve! Glad to see its all finally coming together.

Mike

Damn your quick Melt...

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,311
yeah, my gauge was this for initialization:

- Power up gauge without the O2 plugged in and leave on for 20 secs and power down
- Plug in O2 with the sensor dangling in the air, power up until the gauge does it's thing and reads 22.4
- Power down, mount sensor, done deal

So some numbers I grabbed this morning (all "cruising")
- 68 mph, 3500 rpm, 16.8 A/F
- 45 mph, 2400 rpm, 16.8 A/F
- 50 mph, 3200-ish rpm, 15.9 A/F

****, i forgot to jot down what it was at idle after my 35 mins drive this morning... i'll get it later on today when i leave

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,314
well, it's so damn hard to read while driving

I ran the data logging line (serial connector) over to the glovebox, maybe I should find a serial to USB adapter and hook it up to the laptop and drive around for more accuracy

I can go back to the dyno tune place and they'll street tune it, I'm not sure about what it'll cost though..... or I could track down the guy who tuned it before the dyno, although I feel bad about hitting him up again over this

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,317
there is one drowned out sound that exists on mine, and that's the "sealed" bearing on the passenger side of the supercharger screw thing.... it chatters....

ah well, i have no plans of pulling it all apart to get to it in the near future.....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,318
So after some more, ahem, "spirited driving" last night... at WOT in 3rd gear, Air/Fuel ratio was ~ 12.2 from me just glancing at it.....

Search around yesterday for a few mins on getting a female serial to USB adapter to get some A/F logging going, but didn't find anything cheaper than $30... yuck

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
So after some more, ahem, "spirited driving" last night... at WOT in 3rd gear, Air/Fuel ratio was ~ 12.2 from me just glancing at it.....

Search around yesterday for a few mins on getting a female serial to USB adapter to get some A/F logging going, but didn't find anything cheaper than $30... yuck
It should be that low at WOT. That's a good thing if you were in boost.

It's kind of tough to find a usb->serial that is mac compatible. Let me take a look. Does innovate have standalone mac software? I know there were some cheap ones based on a certain chipset. I'd have to find it again.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,320
I have Parallels, so Windows stuff is fine

as for readings for WOT A/F, good! I know that the car is tuned for homicidal driving already, this gauge just confirms it, lol

2301 - 2320 of 6485 Posts