Team Integra Forums banner

2241 - 2260 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Not sure if someone said this, but if you want throttle response, you should probably invest in a short ram intake.

If I remember correctly, you said somewhere in this thread you want throttle response? If you did, why did you go for the cold air?

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,243
So got the OEM cmc back in this morning

For the life of us, me and my friend Paul couldn't get any pressure on the clutch line...... we follows SurferX's bleed directions to the T and just couldn't get pressure after tightening down the bleeder valve

Open for suggestions/tips

So we'll fight that battle another day (I'm now out of town for a few days)

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
i had to pump about 20 times, then i bled it, pumped 20 again and bled it, after 4 or 5 bleeds it finally started building pressure, it took quite awhile to get it normal again

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
i had to pump about 20 times, then i bled it, pumped 20 again and bled it, after 4 or 5 bleeds it finally started building pressure, it took quite awhile to get it normal again
Sounds like most of that was cleaning out the slave. Keep an eye on it...it may repeat that trick again. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
So got the OEM cmc back in this morning

For the life of us, me and my friend Paul couldn't get any pressure on the clutch line...... we follows SurferX's bleed directions to the T and just couldn't get pressure after tightening down the bleeder valve

Open for suggestions/tips

So we'll fight that battle another day (I'm now out of town for a few days)
Gravity bleed it. Put your hose and bottle on the slave, top up the master, crack open the bleeder and have a beer (or multiple).

Keep an eye on the master every now and then so it doesn't run dry. Eventually gravity will do all the work for you. and push the air out.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,251
brand new Omnipower CMC received today, hoping to get it installed and the system properly pressured this Saturday morning..... I want to drivez mah GSR !! it's been weeks at this point...

hopefully i can take it up to Central FL this weekend and hit up some roads in Lake County.... the g/f tells me of some sweet roads along the south side of Ocala National Forest..... i NEED to give the JRSC a good test of torque !!

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
GL getn the CMC installed, and shes right there are a few fun roads around the ocala forest (my mom lives jsut south of them) im sure itll be great to feel some bewst again :D

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,253
also, on the poor gas mileage front...

stopped and talked to the tuner this past Saturday since I was down that way.... i was in my daily so obviously nothing could be done... but i did talk to them and we talked hitting the street for some midrange tuning.... was told "as long as you have an A/F gauge we'll do it"

so just ordered this one recommended a few pages back

still not sure on the "where" of the install of the gauge itself yet, but i'll decide later....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,254
wow, this is freaking weird...

*after* i ordered the gauge from the above link (which I added two-day shipping which made the order $228 total)
(Amazon Prime ftw)...

emailed Moates asking to cancel the order, they reply "we see no order from you, so you're ok".... ummm... alright then....

googling the kit's part number, Sears sells it for $320+ ??!!

So ordered from Amazon and what the heck, spent the $3.99 to have it here tomorrow and I'll put it in on Saturday morning along with the CMC

·
Registered
738 Posts
I don't recall any discussion about throttle response

LOL, tell it like it is steve. :werd:

That IS what she said.

Anyways, once again....this project is emptying your pockets like none other man!

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,256
home stretch for money spending I hope! Last thing on my "to do" list is get the part above the passenger door repainted.... oh, and looking at a $150 tow hitch kit so I can tow the girlfriend's BMW bike up with us to the Draaaaaagon

THEN I'm done..... please for the love of God let me be done

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
if he rolls up w the fl crew then there will definitely be pix of him towing the bike lol

·
Registered
772 Posts
Gravity bleed it. Put your hose and bottle on the slave, top up the master, crack open the bleeder and have a beer (or multiple).

Keep an eye on the master every now and then so it doesn't run dry. Eventually gravity will do all the work for you. and push the air out.
This is the way!

Even with the Speedbleeder Clutch...SB8125L # M8 X 1.25 bleeder it's a PIA to get pressure sometimes.

Gravity bleeding gets it done. (and beer)

*Add-just a heads up, the clutch tank obviously empties quickly, forget the beer do a shot.

2241 - 2260 of 6485 Posts