Team Integra Forums banner

2201 - 2220 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
1,583 Posts
I love my plx m300 and it's greeeeatt lol.

You NEED a street/highway part throttle tuning session.

That will fix your gas mileage dramatically

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,202
i am not talking about buying a gauge from them, i was talking about AEM parts being crap. Ever since their twin fire issue they have been getting a lot of sht for "making bad part" when in fact they work really hard to fix this issues as they come up.
I'm not sure why you are taking it so personally :)

·
Super Moderator
14,175 Posts
or just new to FI and heavy on the gas, I remember my first FI build I never got above 200MPT for the first month or so.
heh, same thing happened to me when I got a 5spd swapped in last summer. :biggrin:

·
Registered
180 Posts
I'm getting around the same mileage! SUUUUX. Also - had the exact same experience with the neogens. I'll never buy them again. They give you zero warning before they let loose and do very little work to reconnect with the road.

x3 on the nittos, scary stuff

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,205
so one of my Nitto's is COMPLETELY trashed... driver side passenger...

it has like what, 1000 miles on it and it's destroyed..... the dyno is a possible culprit as they had the car strapped in and pulled down against the tumbler and I am thinking it was rubbing like crazy... they is *zero* way this issue could be from just driving as 3/4's the miles above were just highway miles to and from Orlando area..... :: sigh :: someday I will find tires that just friggen work and last.....

·
Registered
215 Posts
Buy S.Drives! Think I said that repeatedly at the dragon.

You think your tire was rubbing the chassis? Might be a reason for lower dyno numbers than you expected.
I 2nd the S-drives...currently have them mounted to some 16x7 RPF1s...Great tires in the wet & dry...Priced pretty reasonable too!

That really sucks if they had it strapped down that tight it was rubbing like that. There is no reason for them to strap it down that tight. Strapping a vehicle down too tight or too loose can definitely change the way the dyno reads. I took my EFI Advanced class with Chris @ Xenocron Tuning in Hillburn, NY & during the class we tigthened & loosened the straps to see the difference it made on the dyno. If it was really that tight & rubbing that could definitely be the reason for the lower dyno #s like Melt said...

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,208
i'm not looking for seconds and stuff on getting 4 all new tires right now... it's only the one that is really bad, it's not worth justifying just dumping 3 good tires....

this issue is not the tires fault

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
As new as the tires are, you could just buy one new one and have it mounted. And that would be a giant epic fail on the tuners part if they strapped down the car tight enough to rub your tire against the chassis..

·
Registered
215 Posts
i'm not looking for seconds and stuff on getting 4 all new tires right now... it's only the one that is really bad, it's not worth justifying just dumping 3 good tires....

Cool.....

·
Registered
1,636 Posts

Also, when & where did you buy your tires? Some tire shops will offer you a pro-rated replacement; Just a thought to get the one tire replaced...

·
Registered
215 Posts
Also, when & where did you buy your tires? Some tire shops will offer you a pro-rated replacement; Just a thought to get the one tire replaced...
^^That & I know Tirerack will shave tires down for a customer if the new tire has 2/32+ more tread then the tires on the car....

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,214
yeah, i was going to look into that... i had to buy all kinds of warranty crap when i got the tires to get the "buy 2 get 2 free" deal from Tire Kingdom

it'll have to wait until next week though.... life right now is uuuuber hectic until the weekend passes

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
yeah, i was going to look into that... i had to buy all kinds of warranty crap when i got the tires to get the "buy 2 get 2 free" deal from Tire Kingdom

it'll have to wait until next week though.... life right now is uuuuber hectic until the weekend passes
yep, along with all that warranty crap, you should def have the pro-rated warranty & road hazard ish...
It should work out for you.

·
Registered
2,110 Posts
I will never forget when I got my first set of tires from "les schwab" they told me the warranty was very little because they are "low profile tires" and they know how those types of tires are used....I replied with...there used for driving?
Needless to say that was the only set of tires I ever bought there and now discount tire is the place to go. Price matching ftw.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,220
again, it wasn't the tires (ended up being the alignment being waaaaay off)

Tuning issues: not dealt with yet, too much **** going on right now

I'm in my car right now letting my girlfriend drive, she's liking the GSR even though she's used to fast motorcycles (she has a BMW S1000RR)....

2201 - 2220 of 6485 Posts