Team Integra Forums banner

2161 - 2180 of 6485 Posts

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Bet its the slave. Anything weird or inconsistant with the clutch and trans always seem to lead back to a failing csc.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,162
Check inside the dust cover on the slave cylinder for oozing.
it's not even on there... too close to the SMSP and would burn off

btw, fluid levels are good... there is one odd ball thing about Sunday morning I forgot to mention: it was cold (~ 40 degrees) outside.... i don't know of a time i have ever driven the car in that cold.....

not that it matters probably, but that was something "different" at that moment that my car has never been in

·
Super Moderator
3,244 Posts
not that it matters probably, but that was something "different" at that moment that my car has never been in
If that caused an issue, there's something wrong that you haven't discovered yet. I drove mine at 0F last week after it sat all night in the driveway and had no issues shifting at all. Temperature should not be a factor above 0F cold soak, or even less.

My guess is also CSC, or something related to your clutch itself. If your header is really that close to the CSC, you may want to fab a heat shield for it. Hydraulic lines don't like to get boiled.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had the exact same experience as you did with the clutch issue on my LS back 2 years ago.

It happened to me one afternoon all of a sudden I couldn't shift into any of the gears, but I fought my way into 2nd because I figured I'd be able to make it home without needing to use the clutch.

Started working again when I reached my driveway... and for a few months afterwards. Finally when it went for good, turned out it was the CMC.

Replaced the CSC first because it was cheaper and easier, didn't change anything, so I replaced the CMC and it was fixed. Nice thing was that it took all of 45 minutes and $50 to change both of them out.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,166
I'd hate to part with my Omnipower CMC... i still have my working stock unit, it's even stored in the car in fact...... i'll ride it until it goes out... the clutch has been absolutely fine since that single incident

========================

Random pic of my car I took yesterday.......

Attachments

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,171
muff: yep, I was trading emails with him a few weeks ago and gave him full access to whatever pics he wanted

5ive: that was in March.... and I was in LA for 4 days..... the story is that ITR Expo was *supposed* to be in LA.... I decided to ship the car out there for the March trip, leave it in LA for 6 weeks, fly back out in May for ITRe, then fly back and ship the car home

then ITRe got moved to SC, I had already paid for the transport (non refundable big deposit), so f--- it, shipped it out anyways.... when I got there: rain rain rain..... we did get a good GMR run in on Saturday, but Sunday was a complete wash out.... bummer too because like 12 cars showed up

So for how bad Sunday was, Monday was epic.... it was only me and my car with a long time friend from FL that moved out there 10 yrs ago riding with me, and then tlangy and his car..... Mulholand -> clear/empty! PCH -> drivable! Santa Monica pier -> park able ! Such a great day!!! I flew home on the red eye that night, the GSR started her journey back home later that week :)

·
Registered
439 Posts
muff: yep, I was trading emails with him a few weeks ago and gave him full access to whatever pics he wanted

5ive: that was in March.... and I was in LA for 4 days..... the story is that ITR Expo was *supposed* to be in LA.... I decided to ship the car out there for the March trip, leave it in LA for 6 weeks, fly back out in May for ITRe, then fly back and ship the car home

then ITRe got moved to SC, I had already paid for the transport (non refundable big deposit), so f--- it, shipped it out anyways.... when I got there: rain rain rain..... we did get a good GMR run in on Saturday, but Sunday was a complete wash out.... bummer too because like 12 cars showed up

So for how bad Sunday was, Monday was epic.... it was only me and my car with a long time friend from FL that moved out there 10 yrs ago riding with me, and then tangy and his car..... Mulholand -> clear/empty! PCH -> drivable! Santa Monica pier -> park able ! Such a great day!!! I flew home on the red eye that night, the GSR started her journey back home later that week :)
Sic sounds like Monday was fun. How much did it cost to transport the teg?

·
Registered
427 Posts
And now he has boost so that will never happen again! :biggrin:
Haha, Melt I remember you said something one time about turbos coming with a hose attached to your wallet. Cracked me up. Z, I say its money well spent, looks like you had a blast. I can imagine it being nerve-racking waiting for the Gs-r to return though.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,176

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,177
Swung by a body shop up here in the area I grew up... top quality shop that has been in business forever and has two friends from High School that work there... got a great quote to fix the sun-f-cked paint above the passenger door.... next time i am up here I may get it done...

Except for the bad gas milage, the car has been driving great and it's been 4 days now..... i haven't really got on it too much though......

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #2,179
2161 - 2180 of 6485 Posts