Team Integra Forums banner

1281 - 1294 of 1294 Posts

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,281
I think it was back in 2007. I been in so many shows it got to a point that every one knows me and the car, lol.
Oh, boy......

I completely mis-read your original location. For some reason, I was thinking Motorama in HBG, at the Farm Show complex. I just now saw where you said Tuner Evolution. Yes, that was definitely awhile ago.

Let's see. Tuner Evolution from 2007 in the Toyota arena would've been this pic....

·
Registered
3,818 Posts
That's what I remember cleaned and simple. That's why I liked it because everything flow so well. I'm surprise that you still have it and nice to see you took it to a whole new level.

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,283
Two days ago (Monday, 3/13), I had an appointment at our local Acura dealership for a Pennsylvania State Inspection, Emissions testing, and a 4-wheel alignment. I also had two dings on the passenger rear fender that I wanted their PDR (Paintless Dent Removal) to take a look at and pull/remove.

For state inspection, my vehicle always passes. I don't have anything that would otherwise fail the state's inspection requirements.

For our state's emissions testing in our area, the dealership/station will hook their OBD computer into the OBD vehicle and check for any stored DTC's (diagnostic trouble codes), and also check to make sure that all readiness monitors are set within the vehicle's ECU. However, if a vehicle is driven less than 5,000 miles in one calendar year, that vehicle is exempt from this testing. This is wear my vehicle comes into play. My vehicle usually sees less than 500-800 miles in a given year. Because my vehicle has been converted to OBD1, if they would attempt to connect their computer to my vehicle, it would not be able to read my ECU, and therefore fail our emissions testing. Thankfully, I don't have to worry about this because of my exemption.

Current state inspection & emissions stickers. Good for another year.

Next up was the alignment.

The dealership uses a Hunter HawkEye alignment computer. These are the Cadillacs of alignment computers. There are sensors that look at the paddles that are placed on each wheel

My vehicle hadn't had an alignment in 10yrs, so I was very interested to see how "out of spec" the alignment was. I've ALWAYS kept my alignment specs to the factory specs. There is absolutely no reason to run an absurd amount of camber. That "stance" look is not me, it has never been me, and I've always believed in the function>form philosophy.

Pleasantly surprised, that after 10yrs since my last alignment, the specs were pretty decent. It had a slight pull to the left when driving, but nothing that caused me any concern.

Here are the specs BEFORE the alignment. Just a hair out on the front left & right toe. Rear alignment is still within the factory specs

LED light strips run the entire length of the lift for undercarriage visibility

You can really see how wide these 225/50/15 Toyo R888's are in this pic:

Here are the specs AFTER the alignment.

Lastly, I had a few dings that needed removed in the passenger rear fender. Here, their PDR guys is removing those dings. When we was complete, you couldn't tell that anything was ever there.

Had 14" of snow drop on us Monday night. Vehicle is back in the garage for a little bit until this stuff melts, and the salt is off the roads. I'm not sure how we went from 70-75deg weather a few weeks ago, to snow afterwards. Sort of sucks.

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
did he drill a hole through the body for access in that first picture instead of going through the tail light like the second?

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,285
did he drill a hole through the body for access in that first picture instead of going through the tail light like the second?
Great question.

The previous owner coincidentally had a ding removed on the same panel, but closer to the door jam, towards the bottom. Basically in a spot that can't be accessed from the tail light. I had two dings this time around. The first was easier for him to gain access utilizing the existing hole that was drilled. The second ding was easily accessible by removing the taillight, which we did.

In the future whenever I decide to paint the vehicle (same color), I'm going to have the hole in the door jam filled. The fact that it even exists bothers me.

·
Super Moderator
14,190 Posts
yeah that'd bug me too. I had that panel kicked in when the car was brand new, before the first oil change even. No idea who or why. The PDR guy wasn't sure he could get it, body shop already said it'd have to come off. PDR gave it a shot and thankfully was able to get it. Said he could drill or go through the light. I of course pulled the light off right away.

·
Super Moderator
25,245 Posts
I still miss my turbo teg and ITR from back in the day. Cars were just fun and basic. Loved them. I wish I had kept the turbo teg above all. So much time and sweat into that. Still looking sharp, man.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Thanks guys. Hard to believe it's been a few years since I had updated this thread. No real updates, other than driving it when it's nice out. Still looks exactly the same.
Incredible build which i've been following for many years now. I've used this build to refer back to for my own ITR turbo. as like yourself I originally was going to run on a standard B18C4 (UK's equivalent to the B18C1) but things have moved on from there... I'm now a forged build with a cylinder support system in place and a GTX3071R, I'm currently refreshing my engine bay like you have.

One question I have is do you miss the PS and ABS on the car? I'm at the stage where I could go either way with mine. Interested to know what you might do differently next time??

Look forward to hearing about any future updates.

·
Administrator
4,189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,294
Incredible build which i've been following for many years now. I've used this build to refer back to for my own ITR turbo. as like yourself I originally was going to run on a standard B18C4 (UK's equivalent to the B18C1) but things have moved on from there... I'm now a forged build with a cylinder support system in place and a GTX3071R, I'm currently refreshing my engine bay like you have.

One question I have is do you miss the PS and ABS on the car? I'm at the stage where I could go either way with mine. Interested to know what you might do differently next time??

Look forward to hearing about any future updates.
Thanks for the kind words.

Let me see if I can answer some of your questions.

1. Because this isn't my daily driven vehicle, A/C, PS, or ABS aren't really missed, per say. I have other vehicles to drive if I'm wanting any kind creature comforts

2. What would I do differently? This is hard to answer. Only because my desire way back when were completely different than what they are now. The power that this car puts out is insane, and driving it casually isn't enjoyable at all. You can feel every vibration from the engine. The twin-disc clutch is a pain in the a$$. Starting with E85 ethanol sucks sometimes. It likes to run warm in the summer, so sometimes heat needs to be full-blast, which isn't fun by any means in June-Sept months.

But, the power definitely makes up for the above. The acceleration and top-end power is something that still makes me giggle the same way it did the first time I felt that kind of power. Would I do it again? Probably not. I would shoot for a goal of closer to 500whp, and be done, rather than the power that it makes now.

1281 - 1294 of 1294 Posts