Team Integra Forums banner

81 - 100 of 464 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #81
then i can fill the double DIN opening with one of these

Its funny you mention this. One of the reasons I didn't go with a double din, was so I would have room to put the same thing below the radio. I'm looking to delete the Ash Tray, Lighter, etc., to effectively make a double din slot below the radio, to house a TunerView.

·
Administrator
3,611 Posts
Here's how I installed mine. I think I've shown this to Steve (MorningZ) as well:

·
Administrator
3,611 Posts
You showing those to me a few weeks ago will eventually cost me a few hundred bucks !! lol
I know what you mean. When they first came out, it was a requirement for me to buy one, just for the cool factor.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #85
Here are a few pictures of the recent installation. I spent a few minutes yesterday afternoon re-tuning everything, and stereo sounds great again. I'm still impressed how hard that slim-line 12" sub hits.

I'm hoping by the end of next weekend I should have the wheel controls operational, which I will post a how-to in the other thread I started.

Dual USB ports beside the e-brake. One is run to a 1A port on the back of the Pioneer, the other run to a 1A USB charger hard wired underneath the center console. I extended another USB cable from the radio (not pictured) to the glove box, in case I decide I want to run a USB drive or something and keep it out of sight.

Bluetooth Mic mounted up near the driver's side visor.

New Headunit :).

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #87
1) Quick fix! Fixing a sagging ashtray - Team Integra Forums - Team Integra

2) did you get all the tabs off on the kit that you should of? looks like some are left along the top of the kit and that's why it's not sitting flush
Thank you z...

Pretty sure I'll eventually be pulling the "pocket", ashtray, etc. to make room for the tuner view later in life. Angle of the picture makes the sag look worse than it is.

Tabs off the kit (not sure why this comment didn't appear until I quoted it?)... not sure, but will take a look when I get everything back apart for the wheel controls. I know what you're saying, as I would like it to sit a bit "deeper" to flush in with the dash. My brother did the majority of the install, so can't say with confidence how exactly he mounted the cage. He felt froggy, so I let him have the car, and he nearly had it knocked out when I got home from work last week.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #90 (Edited)
In anticipation of an upcoming Track Day at CMP, I started putting a list of all the must haves I need to have done ahead of time. My brakes being very high on that list, so hope to have the famous big brake upgrade completed soon. Also got my gears turning on what else to do while doing brakes, so figured I ought to do the rear wheel bearings while I'm at it, and got those ordered this morning. Everything on the Front end has all been replaced, leaving only the brakes all the way around, and the rear bearings to do.

Soon to order...
Brake Master Cylinder
"Big Brake Upgrade" from ProParts
Stainless lines

Using Steve's famous TRT30 code, I was also able to stack code FE23, which will earn me a $25 coupon for a future purchase, which I'm sure I'll do soon.

Edit - So I guess you can't stack the codes, but the TRT30 certainly saved me a few :)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #91
I'm hoping someone here may have some input. The original set of headlight assemblies started to leak on me, so I picked up another set locally dirt cheap, cleaned them up, and had used them for roughly a year or so. They too started to leak, and began to really cloud up, so I started looking for another alternative.

I ordered and installed this weekend, an aftermarket set of halo projectors from Anzo (link below).

ANZO USA | ACURA INTEGRA 94-97 PROJECTOR H.L HALO BLACK CLEAR - Projector Headlights - Headlights

Aesthetically they look awesome. I love the clear lens, with the black background, and the Halo looks really nice. The light disbursement for the lows is actually really sharp, with a sharp cut-off. That's about where my positive impression ends.

1) The adjustment gears are cheap as hell. I bent multiple teeth on one gear attempting to dial in the lamp adjustment.
2) Both the high beam and low beam are fitted for H7 bulbs, very different from their listed 9006 low beam and H1 high beam. This means my current plug and play HID kit won't fit.
3) The high beams are way (way) out of alignment from what they should be, rendering them useless. Driver side, the high beam is focused exactly where the low beam is. Passenger side, the high beam is focused roughly half the distance from the low beam (high beam throws way shorter).

I can deal with (1) and (2), but having useless high beams really pisses me off. Doing a lot of night driving on the interstate and rural back roads, I'd become accustomed to using my high beams quite a bit, and missed them driving tonight.

I'm not opposed to disassembling these and doing some sort of "merge" between these and one of my stock assemblies. I sent an email out to Anzo a few minutes ago to see if they are willing to right the wrong of the high beam aim. Anyone have any suggestions for my dilemma?

·
Super Moderator
3,245 Posts
No advice unfortunately. The only good experience I had with aftermarket headlights was a loooong time ago with legiit TYC projectors for my EJ1. And they were incredibly expensive.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #93
No advice unfortunately. The only good experience I had with aftermarket headlights was a loooong time ago with legiit TYC projectors for my EJ1. And they were incredibly expensive.
That's what I was afraid of... have some more homework to do, as I think I might've gotten shafted into the wrong part by looking at a few things, but still, not happy with the initial result.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #94
So I've been a bit slow in updating this, but here is my progress of the last few weeks...

Turns out I did get the wrong headlight assembly from the vendor, so was able to return them, and am looking for another solution. I'm back to my stock assemblies for now.

I had this nagging "popping" sound coming from my passenger rear suspension, and finally was able to diagnose and fix it. When I acquired my new tires and lowered the car, I put on an adjustable toe and camber kit from Blackworks. Turns out, the mechanic (my neighbor) who did my alignment, either failed to tighten one of the jam nuts, or the jam nut worked its way loose, so I was getting a bit of noise from it as the suspension traveled. I was able to pull it down, get it snugged up (and a bit of loc-tite this time), and its all quiet now.

Also, driving a few days ago, got an aweful scrubbing noise from my front brakes. I was hoping they'd hold out a bit longer, as I'm planning on doing the full brake upgrade here in a short few weeks. So got a cheap set of front pads, and atleast can stop now. Drivers side outer pad, had literally no pad left, was down to the metal backing. The other 3 pads on the front didn't look that bad.

So, coming soon... brake upgrade :)
Already have new master cylinder and brake booster
Rear hub/bearing assembly
Will be ordering the ProParts kit for front and rear, along with new lines soon

My intent is to do everything else that I haven't done yet under the car, so I can start to focus on getting my B20 build underway.

I'm also hoping to get re-motivated to pull the steering wheel, and wrap up my added audio button soon. I'm starting to get tired of riding around missing all of my drivers side dash and steering wheel trim. I just haven't had the time or patience in the last few weeks to pull it, and figure out a better way to land the wheel-side of the added wire yet.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
Your best bet on a good, reliable headlight set up is the OEM stuff. Keep looking and you will find a solid set. I found a low mile pair here on TI that are in mint condition for a $100 for the pair. And as long as you get a nice set with all tabs and clear lenses, if they do leak you can always re-seal them without too much PITA.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #99
Slow on the progress, but car is getting some luxury items this week. I'm taking advantage of my brother's accommodations, and picked up a few goodies for the alarm/remote start, including...
Viper Smart Start
Backup Battery
Piezo Siren
Tilt sensor
3x Window Modulators (both windows and for sunroof)

My brother is taking care of the install for the above for me, and is going to try to clean a few wiring things up and button up the radio install... In turn, I'm doing a lot of work this weekend/week on his Accord (clutch... what a PITA, and finding other things while I'm in there), trying to help him out of a bad situation. Between helping him out and a few other things, been slow to acquire parts.

Coming Soon... big brake upgrade, then, start rebuilding a solid B20-VTEC swap :vtec228:

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
Tilt sensors seem like a great idea, but unless they are expensive top of the line self adjusting models, then unfortunately they are a headache of false alarm causes... the DEI piece is unfortunately not such a model

Park on any sort of incline and the sensor is that much closer to crying wolf

81 - 100 of 464 Posts