Team Integra Forums banner

181 - 200 of 464 Posts

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #184
Actually i apparently have no memory anymore. I had omni power uca's. same style as skunk2 though, when the upper ball joints went bad i just replace them with oem honda ones.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

Ha ha, all good, appreciate the effort :) I hope to be done with it once they come in. Seeing you get what you pay for with most areas.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #185
The Skunk2 Pro Series Plus Front Camber Kit was delivered today. Pictures will explain, but night and day compared to the cheap knock off I had installed. Got them swapped out pretty quick in the driveway this evening, took it for a quick spin, and no more noise! I'm going to level off the suspension and raise the car a hair, and head to get it realigned within the next week or so.

Gotta love working on the car in the dark. Atleast it was an exceptionally warm KY evening for January.

I did get the motor on a stand over the weekend. At some point this week I'll get some pictures of it, take an inventory, and hope to start picking away at it.

·
Registered
3,522 Posts
New upper camber arms look nice, quality parts always feel good in the hands too, especially when the car's driving reflects it!

As well: "That "bar light" is an awesome lighting solution, and you dont have to find a place to hang your light (always a fun process).

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #190
i mean to ask a while ago, i may have missed it. where did you get your usb ports from? i plan on doing the same thing with the center console but the ports that i have come across look a little too big to fit into that spot.
This is the exact USB extension / mount I used. I have one interfaced to my Pioneer Deck, and the other interfaced to a USB charger hidden under the console.
Amazon.com: PAC USBCBL 6-Feet USB Cable with Mounting Bracket: Car Electronics

At one point, I also had a flush mount AUX jack mounted where one of the USB jacks are now, which worked really slick. Not sure which exactly, but was very similar to this one.
[ame]http://www.amazon.com/isimple-is335-3-5mm-mount-headphone/dp/B00KWPQQGA/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1421871195&sr=8-5&keywords=isimple+aux[/ame]

As well: "That "bar light" is an awesome lighting solution, and you dont have to find a place to hang your light (always a fun process).
Found that bar from one of the Harbor Freight coupons, for $20 at some point recently. Its friggin awesome, battery operated, plenty bright, magnetic ends, 12V and 120V chargers, couldn't ask for more. I don't know how many times my neighbors and I have used this thing after dark. Its one of the few tools I have, that I always ensure its readily charged.
120 LED Rechargeable Under Hood Work Light

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #192
Spent some time this evening getting the garage straightened (back) up (again), and took a few pics of the motor setup I'm starting with. Goal is a solid NA setup, have no plans to keep this boosted. I heard / saw it run before we pulled it, so am confident nothing is grossly wrong with it.

Plan is to get it cleaned up, get all the seals replaced, and get new things such as water pump, timing belt, thermostat, etc., simply as cheap insurance once I get it thrown in. Have quite a bit I intend to swap over from the current motor (AC / Alt. / Starter / ...). Once I pull current motor, I'm planning on a very light tuck, clean everything up, and potentially have the bay & front horns repainted. All of this is a rough plan, which will hopefully end up with the new motor in the car, cleaned up bay, by the end of May.

Here's a few pics of how it currently sits on the motor stand. More to follow soon once I can start spending some time with it.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #193
Weather my way has been very uncooperative lately, and has no signs of letting up. I got the turbo manifold, intake manifold, and all accessory hoses off. Once I can catch a break with the weather, I want to wheel it out to my driveway, and get busy with some brushes and degreaser, at which point I'll really start pulling things to get all the seals and "accessory stuff" replaced. Hard to clean and paint when its consistently in the 30s or colder.

For the time being, got it covered up and pushed into a corner, to make room for other projects. Hopefully I can start making some headway on this soon.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #194
As I previously mentioned, its been too stinking cold to be productive in the garage. I caught a break today, and was able to spray the Intake Manifold. Used VHT Wrinkle Black, and threw in the oven for 30 minutes at 200 degrees. Got the details polished up, I think it turned out pretty good myself.

So from an aesthetics standpoint... this manifold, valve cover done up the exact same way, I'm working on shining back up the Blox Billet Throttle Body, and then the Polished AEM Intake, I think it'll look pretty darn clean up top.

I guess, if nothing else, the weather is giving me PLENTY of time to get stuff like this done... time I probably would not be spending if it were nicer out.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #196
Just received in a pair of springs I picked up from @tb-gsr.

Weather Saturday looks good, so I'm planning to get my front springs moved to the rear, and get the new added to the front. While I'm there, I'm going to work on my rear calipers, as things didn't quite sit right with the e-brake cable, and having issue now with the cold weather.

Once everything's swapped, I'll be running 400lb in the front, 315lb in the rear.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #197
I really need to be more punctual in updating this thread...

I got the springs swapped around, and that made all the difference in my lowered ride quality. I now need to play with the Koni adjustments a bit to settle everything in, but I think this is the spring rates I should have had from day one.

I got my rear brake situation squared away. I had everything working before, but was concerned with a) the ridiculous tension I had on the eBrake cable and b) the bleeder being upside down, since the caliper was mounted on the "wrong" side. Type R rear brakes on a GSR, I don't see how you can get them mounted on the "proper side", for two reasons.
1) Ebrake assembly appeared upside down, and not feasible to route if the caliper is on the correct side.
2) There was interference with the ebrake retention bracket and the back of the hub assembly preventing the caliper from mounting on the correct side.

I fixed the eBrake cable problem, by removing the factory "sleeve" nut at the eBrake handle, and replaced with a nylon lock nut and fender washer. This gave me the needed 1/2" of breathing room that I didn't have before.

It now seems I have a leaky bleeder valve in one of my rear calipers. I've bled the hell out of it, get the brakes firm, and it seems over the course of driving, that air is being re-introduced. I've got new valves on the way, and hoping that is all the problem is. I'll double check everything is tight once the new valves get here and swapped in.

Another side note, I'm heading tomorrow to pickup a pair of minty RSX black leather seats for the front. Found them on Craigslist last night, spoke with seller this morning, and sent him a deposit to hold them. Will post pictures up once they are in my garage. I'm planning on a full rear-seat delete soon, so figure they'll look good on their own in the interior.

·
Premium Member
752 Posts
Discussion Starter #198 (Edited)
Seats acquired. I'm very happy with the condition of them, and am looking forward to getting them installed in the next week or two. I've read a lot of reviews on seat options, and had my eye on RSX seats in general for a while. When I stumbled on these for $250, I couldn't pass it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
203 Posts
Spent the last hour reading this. Great build, I love everything about your car. Great choice with suspension mods. In regard to the broken CV Axel; I always get Defective parts or cheap quality parts from advanced auto and autozone. I've found that Napa even though more expensive is way better in quality for parts that take a heavy pounding. I've hadf more than a few unpleasant conversations with Advanced and Autozone. I've even had to have a damage claim filled and go through because Advanced auto sold me a defective piston...it didnt end well but got the claim. Great build though, Honestly worth the read, i've learned a good amount from this. I love what you did with dying seat covers and interior fabrics. Looks great.

181 - 200 of 464 Posts