Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey,

my axles are just now starting to click alittle..hard to hear but I can hear it alittle. I know once this happens putting grease in there wont do anything because they are already damaged. I was going to go to the track this weekend and was wondering if I could still run with them doing this. Now sometimes when im turning it wont click and sometimes they will very softly. Im going to be getting new ones soon, but just was wondering if ill be alright running the car down a 1/4 mile strip...thanks

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have seen axles go almost instantly, and seen some that will click for months. It is the luck of the draw with them. Going to the track will definitely do more harm than good, and I wouldn't suggest it. If you do go to the track, bring a little extra cash for the wrecker if needed ;)

·
Registered
314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ya,

well I mean its not like I can hear it...sometimes I hear it and sometimes I dont and when I do I have to be driving in a small area where sound can bounce off a wall in order to hear it and when I do hear it...its VERY soft and you have to really listen. But if it was clicking really loud then ya its really bad. Thats why I was thinking that it will be alright because its like barly if making any sound at all. Ya I would just get new ones and I know its an easy install but I dont have 250+ bucks laying around. I know napa sells them for like 70 bucks but I dont like the fact that its rebuilt and not new. I have been told to get new OEM ones because the rebuilt ones break all the time. Im getting my tax return soon so when I get it ill get new ones.

·
Registered
559 Posts
I wouldnt waste the money. on axles I have always bought the lifetime warrantied ones. And only once out of about 6 pairs between all my cars have I had a bad one. Plus they are free if and when they go bad again. Not a hard job to swap them out.

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
I wouldnt race out at the strip with bad axles. I it takes is one hard launch and there it goes. At the very least bring an extra axle with you just in case. Its not hard to replace an axle. Takes about 15 minutes for me.

·
Registered
189 Posts
i ran at the track twice after 5 months of clicking... it was so bad that it did it turning, straight, wherever and whenever... i even heard it over my apexi N1 at WOT... but they held together

·
Registered
6,120 Posts
CoLdSuNGSR on Feb/07/06 said:
ya,

Ya I would just get new ones and I know its an easy install but I dont have 250+ bucks laying around. I know napa sells them for like 70 bucks but I dont like the fact that its rebuilt and not new. I have been told to get new OEM ones because the rebuilt ones break all the time. Im getting my tax return soon so when I get it ill get new ones.
See if you DO go and race and one of them snaps unless you get free towing for like 100 miles or so its gonna cost you a decient amount of money to tow your car home, which you will still need to buy axles, hence spending more. I think you would be better of setting about 3 hrs with the help of a friend a changing them. Then you wont have to worry.

·
Registered
9 Posts
gimmethat on Feb/08/06 said:
i ran at the track twice after 5 months of clicking... it was so bad that it did it turning, straight, wherever and whenever... i even heard it over my apexi N1 at WOT... but they held together
Like I said above, I have seen cases where they have gone immediately (ie: Started clicking on the way to Austin, Tx from New Braunfels, Tx 45 mins away and snapped 10 mins after we arrived) and My friend's Accord clicked for several months until he decided to change them. I would not suggest to anybody to race at a track with them clicking, but it sounds like he doesn't care so let him do it. It will be his tow bill, and his headache.

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
I would be safe and either take one with you or fix it before you go. I had a bad one on my car and realized it when I was at the track, I have not gone back since I am replacing them this weekend.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.