Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the way back from hangin out with some friends I had my system bumpin, I was totaly spaced out, goin 95 MPH (roads were clear guys, I was only putting me in danger). Out of the corner of my eye (right as I passed him)I see the cop turn on his lights. I already have 4 points so Im thinking "f**k, 95 in a 65, your losing your licence FOR SURE". Everything went well, the cop came back and asked how bad I need my license, told him I need to drive 50 miles round trip for work everyday. Today must be the luckiest day in my life, because he wrote me up for "failure to obey signs", the charge caries no points!! What im wondering, is how and will my insurance company find out, im sending the 95$ fine in tomarrow. If my insurance finds out how much can I expect it to go up (im 18 and have a gsr, so its sky high already). Thanks ~ John..PS, if your spacin with your system on, do check for cops, its to easy to miss them when your doin 95

·
Super Moderator
14,193 Posts
dont know how the insurance finds out but they do. Mine did, I think they just check your records every so often. My insurace didnt notify me of my insurance going up until almost 2 years after the fact.

This is proof that cops are understanding people.

·
Registered
185 Posts
I'm still appalled that you have points on your license, probably from speeding tickets before, and you're still speeding.

Slow down.

Glad to hear you got away with this one, but don't tempt fate.

·
Registered
940 Posts
yeah, thats what ive been trying to tell everyone!! cops are good! they just do what they think is best as punishment, sometimes not the best thing, but thats what gets them to stop it

·
Registered
199 Posts
I had a cool cop once too. He clocked me at 86 in a 45 then he hit me again (I came over a hill, saw him and hit the brakes) at 55. He gave me the ticket for 55. State trooper too! I sent him a thank you note!

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, I know I should slow down. I cannot afford to get another ticket, next time I will not be so lucky. Im gonna start setting my cruise 5mph over the speed limit and. Can anyone sugest a good rador dector? ~ JOhn

·
Registered
185 Posts
From EHOWA....this guy makes a lot of sense. And if you still don't believe his advice, go there and read all the responses from cops who agree with him on everything he states in this article. Enjoy.

"(b). Radar Detectors. Useless. Junk. Ka-ka. Nothing but electronic gadgetry designed to give you a false sense of security. I've been pulled over more times with a radar detector, then without. Finally ended up giving it away to my brother, because I didn't want it anymore. For starters, let me introduce you to instant on or pulse radar, and to laser. Each of which by the time you detect it... Officer Friendly is already filling out your speeding ticket. Radar Detectors make you feel like you're the baddest mother f**ker out there. (which we all know is false because hey... I'm out there too). They make you feel like you can drive balls to the wall because you've got a clean signal. Clean signal? Well, tell me just how f**king clean your shorts are when you get those flashing lights in your rear view mirror. Pulse radar, laser, even helicopters that track your speed by those white lines marked on the highway all render your snazzy new radar detector virtually useless.

(c). Your eyes. Are the best f**king radar/laser/cop/accident/hazard detector you have. Keep you f**king eyes open. Watch the sides of the road for cars pulled over. Watch you rear view mirror for those familiar headlights of the Crown Victoria, LTD, Caprice Classic. (If your state uses other unmarked police cars like Mass does -- you're screwed -- good luck). Early Warning Radar -- watch for brake lights coming on the cars that are ahead of you -- what do they see that you don't? Besides, you want to ease up off you speed when approaching a car on the side of the road anyway, because Drooling Johnny could be chasing a spare tire. Also watch for other passenger vehicles driving towards you, that are flashing their headlights. They're trying to warn you about something ahead -- maybe something in the road, accident, ... or a cop running radar from the bushes."

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
how can u space out goin 95 with loud ass music? I know im more aware of whats goin on around me when im speeding then when im not

·
Registered
439 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I dont know how I spaced, Ijust got my system in the other day and I guess im still amazed how hard RF He2's will hit.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
You're spaced out and going 95 in a 65? DUMBASS! I can see maybe if you're completely alert. What happens when there's a red light and you go through it at 95? Oops, I was spaced out again, damn, I hate when that happens?

You deserve to lose your liscence. Maybe that will give you some time to fill your brain so it won't be so spaced out all the time.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Quote: "(b). Radar Detectors. Useless. Junk. Ka-ka. Nothing but electronic gadgetry designed to give you a false sense of security. I've been pulled over more times with a radar detector, then without. Finally ended up giving it away to my brother, because I didn't want it anymore. For starters, let me introduce you to instant on or pulse radar, and to laser. Each of which by the time you detect it... Officer Friendly is already filling out your speeding ticket. Radar Detectors make you feel like you're the baddest mother f**ker out there. (which we all know is false because hey... I'm out there too). [/QUOTE]
I guess all the profanity makes this guy think he's making some valid points. Problem is, he's wrong. I've been saved by radar before when the cops were hitting people up the road from me and my radar detector went off. I slowed down and drove on by the guys who did get pulled over and went on my merry way.

My feeling is that people who have to resort to tough talk to try to make a technical point about radar are all bluster and no substance. I don't mean this to denigrate cops because I have respect for most of them. I just mean I don't really think this particular one is worth listening to. Just MHO.

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
I once got pulled over for going 114 in a 70. I was racing an Audi A4 though, so I had a good reason. I wasn't 'spaced out'; I knew exactly what I was doing. Anway, the highway patrol pulled both of us over by getting inbetween (I was in front naturally). It was Christmas Eve, and the cop only wrote me up for 85. Don't know how the Audi guy did, but I had a good laugh when both of us came to court on the same day. I wonder how he did.

·
Registered
713 Posts
yeah, but you can't alter by 30 miles.... "I'm sorry officer, I thought I was going 65. 95, 65, what's the difference anyway? I mean no one else was on the road... please don't be a jerk and write me up."

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
Sadly this is not a laughing matter. What happen's when your tire blows out, or a deer runs in front of the car, I'm not trying to preach but some times the best driving skill is just common sence. I myself have done my fair share of knuckleheaded things in the past. Check my sig, I'm still waiting to drive because of a bad chioce I made. Think about it...

1 - 19 of 19 Posts