Team Integra Forums banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
i realize that i can get huge gains from a turbo but the only problem with the turbo is that it won't be street legal....therefore my engine won't pass smog bc the psi will be too high....i was thinking JRSC bc it is 50 state legal and then by adding the nos it can stay street legal...just don't use it on the street or ne thing....thank you for all your help.....turbo is still an option if it can be legal...what is your input???

· Registered
1,878 Posts
Injecting in front of the blower, so gas passes thru the scrolls, could cause problems. The coating on the scrolls has been known to flake off, when the blower is over driven (beyond 10lb). It's not chunks of metal, but still not good. Assuming this damage is caused by heat, I wouldn't advise injecting -180 degree nitrous oxide at the TB. It is very possible to inject at the intake manifold, after the blower. The only trick is getting the nitrous to mix evenly with the charged air. If you are hard core about this, I would suggest using a port setup or the NOS Noszels.

I too believe the JRSC for a B18B is poopy.

· Registered
3,953 Posts
No one likes the B18B JRSC setup but me :~(

I have talked to people who have gotten good results with a JRSC B18B before, 170 - 185whp with the original pully. Its not turbo numbers, but its still pretty good for daily driving and track driving.

For straight line performance I agree, turbo is your best bet for a B18B.

· Registered
8 Posts
if u buy a turbo just take it off b4 the test and put it back on after the test that is what my friend does and that is what i plan to do once i get my turbo. i agree that jrsc with b18b suck as well. if u want limited power go with a supercharger but if u want infinnete possibileties go turbo.

· Registered
348 Posts
Gerson_911 on Jul/25/02 said:
Quote: Louse76 on Jul/25/02JRSC on an LS is a waste if you ask me, I'd go turbo if I were you...
that's also what i'd suggest. The smaller compression ratio of the LS engine makes it a better platform to go Turbo on then to supercharge it.
[/quote]
i am with him the LS is perfect for the turbo

· Registered
1,357 Posts
The nitrous would eat the blade of the jrsc, because its an oxidizer.. and who says a trbo wont be street legal? Get a greddy profec B boost controller, with the remote button, and set it to 0 for the emissions test.. then as you drive off, hit the remote for a 20psi gain.. My friends supra has that thing, and it works awesome, for his low he hits 8psi, for his high he hits 28psi.. and hes putting down 460hp to the wheels..
Just my 2 cents..

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
thanks guys for all your help...i think that i probably will go with a turbo with all those times that you guys posted...but what do you guys recommend for my engine mods??? what type or brands???...this will be a complete engine rebuild....also ne suggestions on a cheap turbo?

· Registered
179 Posts
StyleTEG on Jul/30/02 said:
bleh, I am done fighting for the B18B+JRSC.

Why people are so gun-ho about building an All motor B18B, but against a JRSC B18B is beyond me.
Is anyone on this board running an all motor B18b (besides basic bolt-ons)? If so, what kind of setup do you have, and what kind of 1/4 mile timeslips are you running?
I have been told by numerous people that this is a complete waste of time .. I want to hear from someone that has had experience with it.

Thanks!

· Registered
308 Posts
Just out of curiousity why is running a JRSC on a LS so bad. I know that there is a majority of you that don't think it is a good idea but why exactly do you think that? Not trying to start anyting just wanted to hear some opinions.

· Registered
3,953 Posts
Everyone says its bad because of its gains compaired to a JRSC on a GSR. It doesn't produce high enough peak HP numbers to be attractive to people (even though peak hp is hardly the only thing to base ones opinion on).

"Its spending $3,000 on 40 - 60hp where you could get a turbo for that cost and have higher hp."

Yet those are often the same people who are planning on spending twice that much, for half the performance, on an all motor B18B. I don't understand it exactly myself :)

· Registered
308 Posts
I'm with you Style I don't really get why they are so down on it; that's why I asked. I know you can't have as much power compared to the GSR but I think it's still a good option for us B18B people who aren't looking for a drag car. However, I would still like to here opinons from others why they think it's bad. Maybe I don't know something that everyone else does.

· Registered
52 Posts
Honestly I think that turbo lag will help you hookup better when racing. The JRSC is just too much torque on the low-end to allow you to get a good '60 time in the 1320. The JRSC really wasn't built with drag cars in mind more for daily drivers. Plus you have so many more options to upgrade with a turbo setup.

· Registered
3,953 Posts
Blah, no matter how many times I say it people just don't read my posts or something ;)

cubedgsr: its pretty much a given that a turbo is better for drag racing when you are talking about B18 engines. Superchargers are more benificial in track/autoX where the time it takes for the turbo to spool up can have a profound impact.

AutoX, for example in general has very few straight aways, and is more turns and rarely gets above 60mph driving. (this is in general, not all cases of cource) When exiting a corner, and laying down the throttle what would you rather have, instant boost? or na power while you wait for the turbo to fully spool?

· Registered
98 Posts
NO!!! NOT ANOTHER SC vs TURBO discussion. Basically it comes down to what your using the car for.

-straight line, autox, road race, daily driver+, etc.
-life expendency (some combos will wear down your engine faster)
-cost
-maintence times

derez more but i don't feel like putting it all up

*take the time to find out what you want out of it*

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
ok guys i will repeat myself again...thanx for all the input tho...ok i want to run 12's with an B18B what do you guys recommend for my engine mods??? what type or brands???...this will be a complete engine rebuild....also ne suggestions on a cheap turbo?
i have around 5 to 7 G's to spend and i want to be able to drive this car for a while..at least 100,000 miles...and i can afford to lose my car to the mechanic for a couple weeks

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.