Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anybody out there know how much it would cost to rebuild an LS engine so it could handle a SC and nos??? i figure the SC is around 3Gs the engine rebuild maybe 2Gs....then nos probably around 1G.....does ne one know if i am correct.....I don't know much about internals on an engine but all i know is that my B18B is goin to be FI with a JRSC and nos......i figure cams, rods, pistons, and other stuff should make my car hit 12's right???? please respond

·
Registered
85 Posts
Could the engine handle that much pressure?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if i rebuild it hopefully it can..but does ne one know what kind of internals i should use to handle this pressure

·
Registered
258 Posts
NOS + JRSC is a bad idea....the nitrous gets on the blades in the jrsc and eats it up...sending peices of metal into your engine and therfore blowing it up into little tiny honda peices

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I am thinking around 7 G's hopefully less to spend...really??? the nos will screw up my engine??? damn that sux....what should i do then??

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
The teamtoilet GSR had a JRSC with N2O no problem. I don't see how the N2O would eat up the blades?

Usually you want a small shot of N2O with a JRSC, to act as a cooling charge. I wouldn't use a 75shot on top of 6psi of boost on a JRSC.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
anybody know of the mods i should do to the engine so it can handle all the pressure so i won't end up blowing my engine up....thanx for the help

·
Registered
333 Posts
Why don't you save the 3k and the 1k for the SC and N20 and get a turbo with that kind of money and really run 12's. it's all about TUNNING!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
just use the water injection tap already in the JRSC IM... then you're already past the blades of the blower, and you get the cooling effect

·
Registered
577 Posts
Louse76 on Jul/25/02 said:
JRSC on an LS is a waste if you ask me, I'd go turbo if I were you...
that's also what i'd suggest. The smaller compression ratio of the LS engine makes it a better platform to go Turbo on then to supercharge it.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Posted said:
JRSC on an LS is a waste if you ask me, I'd go turbo if I were you...
I agree since it sounds like he wants straight line performance. I don't see a well tuned/setup JRSC on a LS for AutoX/track as a waste though.

·
Registered
105 Posts
if you want to run higer boost with the jrsc yoou are limited by the pully size. get a turbo kit from turbo-performance.com i talked to the owner about getting a turbo setup(few more weeks hopefully), he just got mail from a turbo teg ls owner with timeslips and pics. it ran 11.90's on slicks!! non intercooled kits on the website are 2400 ,3400 for intercooled, peice out the kit to what parts you want like i did and you could get a non ic w/out bov kit for just under 2k shipped. TURBO TURBO TURBO TURBO!!!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts