Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm trying to get this adhesive off my paint, i tried rubbing alcohol, that didnt work, i bought some turtle wax rubbing compound? will that stuff work? or is it bad for the paint?

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I don't know that I'd go for a rubbing compound just for that. There is a product called ScratchX made by Meguiar's that would probably do the trick. You can get it just about anywhere. GS27 is the same stuff, it just costs more $$. Clay would be a great option too. A clay magic kit is like 10 bucks at AutoZone. Any of these measures would most likely fix the problem. I'm not sure about the rubbing compound though. That seems a little too agressive for just some glue stuck to the car. I don't think I'd use that for this problem.

·
Registered
392 Posts
not sure if turtle wax rubbing compound is bad for the paint but i am sure that rubbing compound will get it off.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Before you use a "rubbing compound", try a gentle cleaner/wax like Meguires. The Meguires stuff works well and is only like 6 or 7 bucks.

Meguires cleaner is probably as abrasive as your typical toothpaste while a hardcore rubbing compound is more like steelwool...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts