Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anyone tell me what the differences between the type s and type r rsx. Today a white rsx came up behind me Honda badged and body of the rsx r. He tryed to race but there was no way I was keeping up. I roled down my window a little and heard a turbo blow off and he had a fuel computer on the dash. The car was unbelievable. looks, sound and speed. Can anyone give me some small details that would distingush a type r and a type s. ( wheels any little body styling). I rode with the guy for like 15 minutes so I tried to get a good look at it and take everything in. And Is is possible to get a type r here yet? thanks

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
As of yet, there is no such thing as an RSX Type R. Most likely, the car that you witnessed was a highly modified RSX.

·
Registered
940 Posts
huh?? no RSX type-R?? yes there is! except its sorta called the 2003 Integra Type-R too in japan.
or am i missing something?

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
oneSlyTeg94 on Dec/07/02 said:
hes got 210 hp......
actually the type r has 220hp from the type s' 200hp...
i think the car you saw was one of those "fake r's"...i dont know if i''m correct but isnt the only turbo kit available for the rsx made by greddy and it still hasnt come out yet? maybe he had oe of those "cool" fake blow off valves.

·
Registered
2,941 Posts
Well, if you heard a bov, then it had a turbo. It wasn't a Type-R, just an RSX w/ a turbo. If you do see a real '02 Type-R it will be right-hand-drive and look like this...

Notice the 5-lug Honda split spoke wheels. That will be the dead giveaway. And if you do see one, count yourself lucky and tell the driver that you're impressed that he went to all the trouble to have one imported from Japan when the Gen3 Type-R's are still superior.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
a speaker in the engine bay that makes the bov noise when a button or is programmed to at shift. Retarded.
Integra type r g4 has 220 hp and bringing it over would be ass expensive. And he probably had the new oem body kit on it, that kit has the type r wing, or he bought the kit from somewhere like inlinefour.com, they have the body kit oem and the honda badges

·
Registered
223 Posts
tim on Dec/07/02 said:
a speaker in the engine bay that makes the bov noise when a button or is programmed to at shift. Retarded.
Are you kidding? Fake BOV noises!?!
That's almost as bad as N2O bottles that are actually subwoofers!

·
Registered
756 Posts
you probably saw a fake RSX-R. As far as I know, there is only one TRUE Honda Integra Type-R in the US, and a lucky member of TI owns it. he imported it from Japan, 2002 model, RHD, etc. forgot who that guy was ...

·
Registered
940 Posts
engsr on Dec/07/02 said:
you probably saw a fake RSX-R. As far as I know, there is only one TRUE Honda Integra Type-R in the US, and a lucky member of TI owns it. he imported it from Japan, 2002 model, RHD, etc. forgot who that guy was ...
haha, you missed the end of the discussion, he was actually a fake...He probalby didnt even have a base RSX. The pictures he got were off a bunch of web sites and after umm cheezit (I think?) did a search for those pictures, they were actually off web sites from japan and stuff...big scam.. the guy never came back after we said we found out it was fake.

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
and that was a fake story about the import rsx too. if you can afford to have a teg imported brand new, fixed up so it meets us smog laws and all that, you can afford to drive a better car than that. That guy posted a fake story trying to seem cool, just like fake bovs try to seem cool, but neither succeeded.

·
Registered
329 Posts
uuuhm, on top of the extra 20 hp, im pretty sure the g4 type R has various handling upgrades, simular to the older type R. I don't think they would put the "R" on it if it wasnt really for racing. (eh, they put it on the civic, but thats different.) But whateva, hopefully they will bring them over.

·
Registered
756 Posts
Cjanik on Dec/07/02 said:
haha, you missed the end of the discussion, he was actually a fake...He probalby didnt even have a base RSX. The pictures he got were off a bunch of web sites and after umm cheezit (I think?) did a search for those pictures, they were actually off web sites from japan and stuff...big scam.. the guy never came back after we said we found out it was fake.
damn, must have been asleep about that

the other thing i've heard about those fake BOVs - if they're programmed to go off at a certain RPM, they'll psst even when you're slowing down.

·
Registered
6,975 Posts
also about the g4 type r, it has a lower suspension(very stiff) and it also has a brembo big brake kit w/ red calipers...side markers, recaro seats, etc.

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
Theres a real Honda Integra-R in one of the acura dealerships here in irvine, california. The dealers said that it was a customers, and was letting it get displayed in their showroom. This one is NO FAKE...it is open to anyone that wants to see it..u can go there, sit in the recaro seats :), pop the hood, flip the HIDs on, and even pop the trunk..pretty much the only thing that you can't do is take it for a drive!!

·
Registered
2,632 Posts
In in irvine for school, so i don't know directions for sh*t around here...but next door to the dealership is a Subaru dealer, and directly across the street is Infiniti. Hope u can find it!! it is tiiiiite

1 - 20 of 29 Posts