Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys-

i plan on purchasing an 02 type S in the spring and was thinking about a suspension setup. i've driven my friends type s a few times (rather spiritedly, i might add
), so im not a complete rookie.

the type s is absolutely gorgeous, (full JDM ITR kit is planned, including wing), but it needs a lowering BAD. i plan on loosely tracking the car, but it will also me my DD, so i need the best of both worlds (looks and handling). my first thought was KYB AGX shocks and Skunk 2 lowering springs. this should lower it about 1.5 inches, which is the perfect number for me (i live in NY, so this car will be driven through the winter).

after some moderate research, i havent been impressed too much with the performance of this setup, but the price looked reeeeeal nice.

coilovers i know are much better, but im having trouble finding a set for under 1400, which is what i anticipate my budget to be.

can anyone help with a review on the KYB AGX/Skunk 2 springs setup, offer another shocks/springs suggestion, or point me in the direction of a quality set of coilovers for less than 1400?

please keep in mind that i am looking for a 1.25-1.75 inch drop, not too much harshness, and also a good trackablitiy setup (maybe this is impossible, so i need adjustables???)

thanks so much guys

-Ryan

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
hahaha
thanks for the advice.
im 16 and am working two jobs for this car, but my parents wont let me get my license till the spring
i have 7,000 saved up already and plan on having at least 10,000 by the spring and my dads a car dealer so finding one wont be a problem. on his dealer-only auction website, we were finding wholesale type-s's all over the place for under 9K.

anyone with REAL SUSPENSIoN advice for me
????

·
Registered
200 Posts
Tanabe Coilovers = 900-1100
Tein SS-P = 1200
BuddyClub N1+ = 1200

I have Tanabe coilovers and love them. Thats my choice out of hte three.

And to add I've OWNED on my own personal cars...

Tein SS's and Tein Basics

And hte Tanabes own them both.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Here's some pictures of my car lowered on the Tanabe coilovers..

Post front conversion... but yeah... same idea...

·
Registered
94 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks, Jason!
just check out Tanabe's site and was looking at their Sustec Pro SO-C coilovers (http://tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/s-oc.asp) and am really liking those stats and the price.

not trying to be spoonfed, but any performance opinions on the Sustec Pro SO-C's? (i can see that the looks are exactly what i'm going for)

·
Registered
200 Posts
kramerbuccs24 on Oct/09/07 said:
Thanks, Jason!
just check out Tanabe's site and was looking at their Sustec Pro SO-C coilovers (http://tanabe-usa.com/coilovers/s-oc.asp) and am really liking those stats and the price.

not trying to be spoonfed, but any performance opinions on the Sustec Pro SO-C's? (i can see that the looks are exactly what i'm going for)
I love them and they handle great. I've added a bigger rear sway/tie bar and it was a huge improvement over stock.

I've owned the Sustec Pro SO-C and the other model which I think are discontinued and both were AWESOME. Also to answer anyone's questions to why I owned two. I only changed due to it getting bent in an accident. But love them both!

·
Registered
200 Posts
I've also read good things on the BuddyClub N1's but I don't have any real experience with them. A friend here has them but I haven't had much driving experience in them but he seems to like them a lot as well.

*edit*

Also to add, another friend has the KYB AGX with Progress springs on his Type-S. And he seems to love htem as well. although he wishes he had coilovers at times. But he likes them and he auto-x's regularly on them too.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.