Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
one of my co-workers just got an RSX and I was wondering what kind of security flaws it has compared to the integra?

Can you still pop the hood from outside the vehicle, via the wheel well or inside the front grill?

Is it still possible to pry the window back far enough to unlock the doors?
If you do it this way will it set off the factory alarm?

The factory alarm supposedly has trunk and hood sensors, how good are they?

I'm mostly interested in the hood security, but if anyone knows anything else please let me know.

Thanks

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
StanSama on Oct/03/07 said:
Haha, this sounds like a bad question.. "My coworker got an RSX, can you pop the hood from outside the vehicle?"
Well if you put it that way it does sound bad.

The reason I ask is that her previous car was stolen and I'm pretty sure they used some of the security flaws mentioned above to do so. She didn't have a very good alarm or a clutch lock or anything like that. I am just curious what all needs to be done on the RSX to secure it.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
staggman on Oct/03/07 said:
hahaha based on those questions it really does sound like youre scouting
Yeah well, I'm not.

So does anyone know about the security on these things or no? I haven't really found anything searching as of yet.

·
Registered
2,204 Posts
I'd say since she didn't have a good first alarm, her best bet would be to get a good alarm system, I have yet to hear of one of these getting stolen as of yet (or at least not a mass majority of them). Tell her to go from there. Clifford, Compustar gets my votes.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Li-Neezy on Oct/03/07 said:
I'd say since she didn't have a good first alarm, her best bet would be to get a good alarm system, I have yet to hear of one of these getting stolen as of yet (or at least not a mass majority of them). Tell her to go from there. Clifford, Compustar gets my votes.
That makes sense, and I have told her to do so. She doesn't really have the money for that right now. So that is why I am trying to find out for her what kind of security flaws it has right now as it sits.

Any help?

Thanks

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
you can rip out the wheel well to get to the cable.. but its diffict to get to with the wheel on and to be able to pull it enough .im not saying anymore.. no one needs to knwo of flaws on the rsx.. i want mine to stay in the driveway

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hawaiiancb74 on Oct/03/07 said:
you can rip out the wheel well to get to the cable.. but its diffict to get to with the wheel on and to be able to pull it enough .im not saying anymore.. no one needs to knwo of flaws on the rsx.. i want mine to stay in the driveway
Ok that's the same as the Integra. What about the hood release from the front of the car up behind the grill? Can you still reach the cable and pop the hood?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
topcitylsteg on Oct/03/07 said:
this thread should be locked and deleted there's no need to spread knowledge of ways to steal an rsx.
It's no different than the massive secruity topic on the Integra Gen3. All sorts of methods and preventions are noted in there.

·
Administrator
43,019 Posts
"The factory alarm supposedly has trunk and hood sensors, how good are they?"

How good?

those sensors do one of two things:
- They either trigger the alarm when opened or they don't

there's no room for varying degrees of "good"

·
Registered
593 Posts
ughh why should it be locked? should the hood cable relocator be locked to because people who dont have it-it can be done to there car? if you can find the flaws you can also protect it

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I dont think this thread needs to be locked, I think its alright to know how to protect your whip. If a thief needs to know how to steal an rsx im sure theres a million other places online to find info on it. I think you need to do some more research on the rsx and its weak points and then post a thread on how to resolve em... I havent heard of RSX's getting ripped off easily but a clutch lock and maybe even a club on top of that should be good enough for a thief to move on especially if its a stock rsx.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thanks for the support, I don't see anything wrong with the thread either. once I know the weaknesses I can find out how to fix it. How am I supposed to fix what I don't know is wrong?

·
Registered
114 Posts
Not safe enough. I have no faith in the stock immobilizer and alarm, even though it has a hood latch sensor, what good is anything without a backup battery?

Stealth installing a clifford 50.5x alarm myself, I don't trust anyone working on my car.

RSX owners should still relocate their hood cable through the firewall (which is much tougher to squeeze through than the integra). Fuel kill switch should be a no brainer as well.

Despite the disputes between Team Integra and Honda-Tech (users w/ users) this thread is excellent and should be read if your serious about security: http://www.honda-tech.com/zerothread/1794938

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.