Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is the RSX-R coming to US anytime soon? I've asked a few people around and they keep saying they dont think the RSX-R will make it to america, but i sure hope it will!

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Alot of people have been saying it's not going to come, but I don't know if that's just speculation or they know something I don't. Too early to say for sure right now.

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
with the sales , and feedback they got from the DC2-r, i'm pretty sure acura will be smart and send us the dc5-r..all in due time

·
Registered
1,057 Posts
Quote: Kordaek on 18/June/2002 It will come here. I place my bet on it.[/QUOTE]you should be happy, if anyone ya canadians will get it first *sniff*

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
If the R comes here, what is to become of the type-s?
Is every acura model gonna have a R version of it self?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Yea, wouldnt the Type R defeat the purpose of having the Type S? Because then they will have to stop making the Type S and then all the Acuras wouldnt be uniformed(with the names). So then they might as well call it the Integra again.

·
Registered
374 Posts
I guess the base RSX is like the Rs/Ls, the Type S is like the GSR, and the RSX-R will be like the Type R.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
mugenintegra3 on June/18/02 said:
Yea, wouldnt the Type R defeat the purpose of having the Type S? Because then they will have to stop making the Type S and then all the Acuras wouldnt be uniformed(with the names). So then they might as well call it the Integra again.
Well I wouldn't say they would have to stop making it, but Type S is Acura's new pride and joy so it would kind of defeat it's purpose if they just brought out something better. That's why American Honda didn't jump on the DC5-R immediately and put it into Acura's line. They wanted to seperate Acura more as a uniform luxury car line, and the Type R totally blows that image out of the water.

We'll see what American Honda decides though, all this "I heard blah blah" garbage isn't going to get us anywhere as it's all speculation. No one really knows anything, not even the Acura dealers all they can do is speculate as well and just go with what American Honda tells them to do when it's time to do it.

Reminds me of the speculations a couple years ago about the new Integra. People would post any crap picture every week and everyone would just jump on it as proof of the new design. Let's be a little smarter than that.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I don't think Acura has anything to lose by releasing the RSX Type-R in the U.S. The Type-S and Type-R appeal to different market segments. When I bought my '98 GS-R, I considered purchasing a '98 Type-R. Money wasn't an issue. However, I didn't want to give up the sunroof and other luxury comforts for what is effectively a factory race car. The same is true of my Type-S. I would not give up the luxuries for the additional performance.

I believe that it will be here soon. It's not a matter of if, but when.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
I'm not sure of the date, but my cousins works for Acura in the NYC area, and he told me the type R is on its way. I'm not sure when but he assured me. So I hope he is right, he is a gold class sales representative for Curry Acura in L.I.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I bet it will be here late 2003........

Compare the Integra models:

Base RSX = LS
Type-S = GSR
RSX Type-R = Integra Type-R

Just like 3rd generation Integra the GSR and Type-R are in a different power range with a different feel. The GSR being the sport feel, leather, that little extra power, etc. Than you have the Integra Type-R which is the highest powered B-series motor in North America. Also the 'R comes with the race look interior.

I guess we'll just have to wait and see....

·
Registered
19 Posts
the R should come i don't see why not the type S will stay around too just like the GSR for those who want the leather and sunroof luxuries. but i must say its about time honda sent us over a teg with the same front fascia as they have

·
Registered
466 Posts
Even if the RSX R does come to the US it will probably be a watered-down version compared to the rest of the world (got to keep up the tradition
).

I doubt we will see the Recaro's, they will detune it because of emissions and lack of 98 octane fuel pumps. Maybe they will throw us a bone and let us have the MOMO steering wheel? Time will tell.

·
Registered
151 Posts
They said the same thing about the Honda type R, but it still isn't here. Granted, that is a honda but it still has the same aspects involved. Acura claims that the RSX-R might have problems passing emissions in the states, due to how the exhaust manifold is set up. But, who knows - I would love to see a RSX-R here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The RsX-R (Japans InTegra typeR)wont be realeased in U.S. because Japan wants to keep some pride to themselves...the the question to your answer is no RsX-R will not be realeased in U.S.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts