Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I have an integra right now.. but it's automatic -- depressing at times. I have been thinking about trading it and paying a lil extra for an Rsx. I know the RSX has 140 torque at 4000 rpm and about 160 hp at 6500 rpm I believe. Some places say it has 155 hp but others say 160. Anyway, a gsr has lower torque yet just a lil bit more hp...(170) Which do yall think would be better? I'm just curious about what yall think.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
ive always hated the rsx for looking like a civic... not having the double wishbone suspension and being taller than the integra.... but i have been driving them lately... the automatic one isnt too bad its as fast as my b20 with ls transmission but then again it should be cause it has 160hp.....

the type s is amazing.. really smooth. the interior of the rsx is gorgeous....

I still vote for the generation 3... overall its just more fun to drive....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I see. I was leaning towards the GSR for obvious reasons -- G3s just look better than G4s, that's it!! However, the luxurious interior and good bit more power, than my Ls, attracted me most. I know it's not up to a GSR in power but it seems just under it.. Geziger is right about test driving each, that's when you'll really know for sure. I will likely end up testin' them with great pleasure :) Yet I am already starting to accept the lose of hp for the luxury of an rsx. The rsx gets much better gas mileage as well. There are a lot of factors to consider... Shoot.. If I get a rSx folks will flame me for not spending 3 stacks more for the type-s lol...

What's overdrive??

Is it me or is the 02' rsx not as appealing as a 04 or 05?? I know there's this lil lip kit thing going on with the 05s but what about the 03s?

·
Registered
5,274 Posts
02s seem more appealing to me, i like the older head and taillights better than the current ones. Who cares if your folks flame you, its your car right? unless theyre paying for it.. yet at times i really dig the usdm front bumpers on our G3 tegs alot more than that of the Rsxs

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
only reason why you see either 160hp then 155hp for 06+ RSX is because of SAE Measurement revisions...but yeah, GSR is more likely if you cant afford a Type-S

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm not sure, but it seems that he's either fixing to get the RSX (base) or the GSR. You're considering only numbers, which is actually not all that great. Yes, although the numbers on an RSX base seem close to the GSR, there is NO WAY the RSX (base) is going to perform as well as, nor nearly as well as a GSR... and I'm talking stock for stock.

In terms of fuel economy, though, because you can use 87 octane for the RSX (base), technically, you will be saving a little money on gas. That's definitely something you have to consider for obvious reasons. But if you're looking for performance (and looks, even though it's purely subjective), then the GSR over the RSX would be the right decision. If you're insisting on going with the RSX, do yourself a favor and get the Type-S instead.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
if youre going to get the RSX, get the type S. Otherwise get the GSR.

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
mtbbodo on Jan/27/06 said:
if youre going to get the RSX, get the type S. Otherwise get the GSR.

it also depends on what you're going to be using the car for. i mean if you are just using it as a daily driver, get from point a to point b and sometimes point c and you want to be comfortable and not to concerned about performance, you should go with a MANUAL RSX.

If you want more peformance & luxury, go with the Type S.

If you want peformance & mediocre luxury...not to mention outright better looks...go with the g3 GSR :).

i have to admit, if i were in your same situation...personally, i would go for the GSR. there are more parts at the moment readily available at a lower cost. seeing as how the car would cost less you have more money free to get things you want rather than more car payments...

either way let us know what you do

·
Registered
207 Posts
IMO i love the integra because its not made anymore, giving it that rare aspect. but at the same time, my car isnt the daily driver kinda car, although it my only option right now.
my brother has the rsx, really nice, but i personally dont like the body style, a bit too stuby.

·
Registered
303 Posts
If you get a g3 you'll have more money left over to spend on performance parts. Be warned, it is hard to find a gsr with low miles in good condition for a good price, I have seen more good deals on Type-S RSX's these days...

·
Registered
454 Posts
GS-R. i don't really like the look of the rsx either....too bulky and tall. i don't really dig the spaceage look on the inside of the car. a clean...nicely modded GS-R is classic.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.