Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, my Teg came with a rather boring Acura key that now looks like ass. I've seen the keys newer Acuras come with and I think they look so much better. My only concern with having a key cut as one of those is they're a fortune because of the chip inside (do they have chips?). Perhaps someone can shed some light on this?

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
Even if they don't have chips, my guess is they are still going to cost a fortune from the dealership.

You could go for one of those *cough* TypeR *cough* keys off ebay, but just paint/scratch off the TypeR Part if that bothers you. The rest of the key looks good from the pictures.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I know that for the NSX, acura made a special edition key made of titanium/nickle... it's very pretty .. but costs around 125$ U.S.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
sweet key.........whys it in a glass?

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
They are not laser cut. If you hand them the four digit number for the key, they will cut it with a heldheld tool. If you don't have the key's number, they will grind a copy from the original. This isn't a "Gone in 60 seconds" operation.

·
Registered
301 Posts
if it doesnt have a chip, then i dont think they really cost that much from the dealer. my sister lost her master key to her cr-v, and honda made one for her for like 7 or 8 bucks. i know acura is a "luxury" brand, but is it really that different?

·
Registered
129 Posts
gonna check on that key----i checked on a s2000 key and it wasnt much diff so i had my boss cut me a crv key---its pretty cool--ps ill post something on the nsx key tommorrow thanks

1 - 20 of 45 Posts