Team Integra Forums banner

rsx headers

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  mugenintegra3 
#1 ·
My brother bought a rsx type s about 2 months ago, his mods so far is an AEM short ram intake, 5ziegen catback exhaust and JDM headlights with H.I.D's. Just out of curiousity, what's the best (or close to best) kind of header to put on the rsx? (pics of his car coming soon)

See less See more
#2 ·
The best header out there for the RSX is the Comptech Race Header. It is a 1 piece header that completely eliminates the CAT. It costs about $1,000 but is well worth it.

You can also go with the Jackson Racing Race Header which is a 2 piece design that incorporates a test pipe. You might be able to use a high flow cat and keep the car legal. This header will give nice gains but not as much as the Comptech header will. It goes for around $600. (summit has them for under $600 shipped)

Edit: DO NOT waste any money on any other header as there will be VERY LITTLE power gain.

#4 ·
mugenintegra3 on Jul/01/03 said:
The best header out there for the RSX is the Comptech Race Header. It is a 1 piece header that completely eliminates the CAT. It costs about $1,000 but is well worth it.

You can also go with the Jackson Racing Race Header which is a 2 piece design that incorporates a test pipe. You might be able to use a high flow cat and keep the car legal. This header will give nice gains but not as much as the Comptech header will. It goes for around $600. (summit has them for under $600 shipped)

Edit: DO NOT waste any money on any other header as there will be VERY LITTLE power gain.
I guess Hytech's header is a waste then huh considering the comptech is quoted at $1000 from you.

Hytech

Comptech RACE oNLY @$995

JR's Header RACE oNLY $650

#5 ·
mugenintegra3 on Jul/01/03 said:

thats a pretty blunt statement, saying you have no idea what type of goals hes after

#7 ·
I dont know what you guys are talking about. Is the hytech header even for sale yet? I speak from dynos that I have seen from other people with RSX's.

You want the most Horsepower then get Comptech, you wanna be cheap, then get Jackson Racing. He asked a question and I answered it. I dont know what else to tell u people.

#10 ·
you can get it directly from COMPTECH. Dont forget that you will also need to buy the adapter from them too. It goes for $100 extra. Without it, you wont be able to bolt it up to any exhaust except for their race exhaust which isnt even available yet.

You can also get it from Auto Car Parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.