Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My RSX's braking distance is really disappointing. Sometimes stopping at a red light I have to push the pedal so hard the ABS activates. I know I have to get the rotors cut because of the vibration when I push the brakes but other than that I have no idea why the braking distance is like this. Also the brake pedal feel is not as good as in my G3. Any thoughts? Appreciate everybody helping out with all my questions.

·
Registered
12,488 Posts
Do you have a base model?

Bleed your brakes, turn the rotors, etc.

My '06 Type-S stops on a dime and the pedal feels great!

·
Registered
1,599 Posts
yeah man you have a base or type-s? even a base should stop faster than a g3 teg, there's something wrong with your car

·
Registered
455 Posts
As stated before, check for leaks, check pads, bleed the system like a mofo which IS the most critical part because if you slack on this it doesn't matter what parts you've put on the car. My roomate put a complete set of performance rotors with EBC redstuff pads, flushed/changed fluid a couple of months ago on his 02 type-s and his car will throw you through the windshield if you dont have a seat belt on. Seriously, it stops everybit as fast as a lexus, bmw, etc... on dry pavement.

Pads can make a huge difference. My friend was being a cheap ass and put autozone replacement pads on his 99 Si and those brand new pads suck ass compared to the very worn oem pads he had taken off. Some things are worth spending the money on, and I feel like brakes are very high on that list.

·
Registered
1,749 Posts
shades946 on Oct/09/07 said:
Pads can make a huge difference. My friend was being a cheap ass and put autozone replacement pads on his 99 Si and those brand new pads suck ass compared to the very worn oem pads he had taken off. Some things are worth spending the money on, and I feel like brakes are very high on that list.
The correct pads are a must. The original brakes should not behave the way you describe. If the brake pads or rotors have been changed, they are probably not original spec. Also, if you have racing pads installed, they may not stop well until they get hot enough.

I replaced my pads only once with non-OEM pads. The first corner I came to I almost drove into somebody's front yard.I put on OEM pads ASAP and it made all the difference in the world.

·
Registered
60 Posts
If you are getting vibrations under braking you need to check the rotors... sounds like they are warped. You might have a caliper hanging up which is causing your rotors to overheat.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.