Team Integra Forums banner

RSX: A fat Integra?

6K views 61 replies 43 participants last post by  overlord 
#1 ·
Is it just me or does anyone else see a fat (well, maybe "plump" is a more accurate term) Integra when they see an RSX? I mean, don't get me wrong, it's got some nice lines here and there, but both the new(er) Honda sport coupes--the 2001+ Civics and the RSX--look fatter than their previous versions. Coincidentally, they're both aimed at being more cheaply made... Hmmm...

Personally, I'm not disappointed that I can't afford an RSX. I'll take an Integra over it--it's just not doing it for me. I dunno, maybe it'll grow on me...

Okay, I wasn't here for the RSX's debut, so I had to get this out.

See less See more
#27 ·
The RSX has a fat ass, Literaly! Look at the rear bumper. IT's alot taller and bigger than a g3's. The belt line is much higher there as well.

#32 ·
I think that in a few years time we will be looking at the current RSX and saying, "that looks mint". I reckon this because the 'new integra' seems to be quite 'advanced' or 'revolutionary' in design compared to most cars- almost a space age design. In the future we will get used to cars coming out looking bigger and bubblier. So, next time you look at an RSX, imagine the future when most cars will be designed similar to that and you might actually respect it. Don't get me wrong- I'd still prefer my 3rd Gen integra anyday based on looks, but in a few years time i might have a different opinion.

#33 ·
I spend most of my time looking at my RSX Type-S from the inside out, and I definitely can say that it looks better from this perspective than my '98 GS-R did. I'm still getting used to the looks from the outside, but I do think it looks almost as good as the gen3, but different. Then there is the engine. There is absolutely no comparison here. i-VTEC is the clear winner!

So, based on the fact that I will be spending most of my time with my RSX in the driver's seat, it is no contest. The RSX Type-S is the better car for me.

#34 ·
As with a lot of things, they look better in person...

Here in Redding, CA, I've seen maybe three RSXs. one is white and is a Type-R imitation (a well done one, BTW), one is that beautiful maroon (which only works on the RSX) and has the factory spoiler, and one is black that I just saw today for the first time. When I see them in person... well, they're awesome. That is until I get out and compare it to my Integra...

#35 ·
Bad news guys but good looking cars are slowly been fazed out of the market. Let me mention a few cars that have taken on the high rise, cathedral style headroom design and have totally butchered style in the process. The new Corolla, Lexus ES 300, Nissan Altima, Acura RSX, Toyota Echo, Toyota Camry. The new Corolla just took this to a whole new extreme. That car is about a foot taller than the previous generation and it looks like it will topple over if you corner at anything over 25 mph. A truly hideous car. Acura better be real careful. If they make the RSX any taller it will certainly lose a generation of customers. I'm all for more headroom been 6'4" but there are more inventive ways to increase headroom that raising the center of gravity of a car. Lower the seats, move the pedals further back, and having more seat travel for starts.

#40 ·
The base RSX has an MSRP of $19,950, which easily hits $21,478.60 with some options (namely a CD changer and a spoiler).

A loaded Type-S, though? I easily hit $26,546.99 (base is $23,170). A well optioned GS-R was $25,425 (base MSRP was $22,300). Not too different. Recall that the RSX is designed to be cheap--just like the new Civic (okay, the new Civic is way worse in corner-cutting budget engineering). While the Type-S is kinda half-way between the Type-R and GS-R for an Integra (though I guess it is kinda the RSX's GS-R), it isn't unreasonably priced.

I'd still take a 2001 GS-R over a 2002 Type-S, though. Of course, I've never driven a Type-S, so I really can't say that too honestly.

#42 ·
robertmcdonald on Jun/14/02 said:
The RSX isn't too bad of a culprit--the new Civics are worse.
Haha, Have you tried the new CSI? Whats up with the shifter coming out of the dash (some what out of it) it looks and feels weird when shifting. I don't think this is what you call "Rally Style shifter" as honda calls it. Is it me or are most of the newer cars going for the "Euro look"? As in rounded, a bit fatter, sporty-looking? The RSX has some of those similarities. Gosh Car Trends, hmmm at least they aren't as bad as some of these weird looking concept cars.

#47 ·
its funny how people have a tendency to be attached...i remember when the G3 teg came out people were complaining about the headlights and other things...look at it now and everyone loves it, i guess it simply grew on people

and same goes for the RSX people are just not used to it and criticizing every little change, so what if has macs up front, it still does the job and IMO better than the old teg stock suspension, I was surprised myself...and finally my head dont hit the ceiling when i drive like in the teg, what is so bad about it being fat, thats the only way to go to make more space...so what if its plain inside, but man arent the dash lights great, the tegs always put me to sleep...the only thing that kept me awake in the teg was the road noise which the rsx dont have...road noise = sucks, but vtec noise in both the teg and rsx = great...

the funniest comment i have read so far is how smooth the car is, what is wrong with that as long as it still puts down the power...but i guess that kills the driving excitement

dont get me wrong the teg was a great car, i had two of them and the rsx is also a great car...but like most things in this world they aint perfect...each has its own downfalls and own greatness

they are both great cars!!

#49 ·
i would love to get the new rsx, but i don't think i could get rid of my teg. the only time i will consider getting a new car is when the new integra type r comes over here, or if i have to go over there and get it, i will. i actually have an opportunity to get japanese type r completely brand new and everything for cheaper than the type s, which is very tempting.

#50 ·
Personally, I think the new Civic 4 door is much nicer than the last Civic. It's much more refined and the Interior is more than accommodating. As for the RSX, I don't really care for the way it looks and I think maybe it's lost some of its edge. However, the car is more refined (30 year olds wont mind driving it) and the Interior isn't as "dirty" as the G3 Integra.

#51 ·
I don't know guys - I think the RSX looks pretty tight, and it looks even better w/ the JDM Type-R kit & wing. G3 Integras can look just as good though, in my opinion.
But while looks are a matter of personal preference, you can't deny that out of the box, in terms of performance, the RSX Type-S is simply better than the Integra GSR it replaces. The problem as I see it is the aftermarket support - The B18 has so many available performance parts, but even after a year, there just isn't that much for the K20. The K20 is a great engine, but look at its placement under the hood - It looks very cramped on three sides, and that's not cool when you're trying to bolt stuff on!
I have about 10 months before I'll be able to replace my current G3 Integra, and by then, if the aftermarket support for the K20 is as sh$%^y as it is now, I'll be looking for another G3!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.