Team Integra Forums banner

41 - 60 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
robertmcdonald on Jun/14/02 said:
The RSX isn't too bad of a culprit--the new Civics are worse.
Haha, Have you tried the new CSI? Whats up with the shifter coming out of the dash (some what out of it) it looks and feels weird when shifting. I don't think this is what you call "Rally Style shifter" as honda calls it. Is it me or are most of the newer cars going for the "Euro look"? As in rounded, a bit fatter, sporty-looking? The RSX has some of those similarities. Gosh Car Trends, hmmm at least they aren't as bad as some of these weird looking concept cars.

·
Registered
23 Posts
its funny how people have a tendency to be attached...i remember when the G3 teg came out people were complaining about the headlights and other things...look at it now and everyone loves it, i guess it simply grew on people

and same goes for the RSX people are just not used to it and criticizing every little change, so what if has macs up front, it still does the job and IMO better than the old teg stock suspension, I was surprised myself...and finally my head dont hit the ceiling when i drive like in the teg, what is so bad about it being fat, thats the only way to go to make more space...so what if its plain inside, but man arent the dash lights great, the tegs always put me to sleep...the only thing that kept me awake in the teg was the road noise which the rsx dont have...road noise = sucks, but vtec noise in both the teg and rsx = great...

the funniest comment i have read so far is how smooth the car is, what is wrong with that as long as it still puts down the power...but i guess that kills the driving excitement

dont get me wrong the teg was a great car, i had two of them and the rsx is also a great car...but like most things in this world they aint perfect...each has its own downfalls and own greatness

they are both great cars!!

·
Registered
172 Posts
i would love to get the new rsx, but i don't think i could get rid of my teg. the only time i will consider getting a new car is when the new integra type r comes over here, or if i have to go over there and get it, i will. i actually have an opportunity to get japanese type r completely brand new and everything for cheaper than the type s, which is very tempting.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Personally, I think the new Civic 4 door is much nicer than the last Civic. It's much more refined and the Interior is more than accommodating. As for the RSX, I don't really care for the way it looks and I think maybe it's lost some of its edge. However, the car is more refined (30 year olds wont mind driving it) and the Interior isn't as "dirty" as the G3 Integra.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I don't know guys - I think the RSX looks pretty tight, and it looks even better w/ the JDM Type-R kit & wing. G3 Integras can look just as good though, in my opinion.
But while looks are a matter of personal preference, you can't deny that out of the box, in terms of performance, the RSX Type-S is simply better than the Integra GSR it replaces. The problem as I see it is the aftermarket support - The B18 has so many available performance parts, but even after a year, there just isn't that much for the K20. The K20 is a great engine, but look at its placement under the hood - It looks very cramped on three sides, and that's not cool when you're trying to bolt stuff on!
I have about 10 months before I'll be able to replace my current G3 Integra, and by then, if the aftermarket support for the K20 is as sh$%^y as it is now, I'll be looking for another G3!

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yo, RObert, there were not any available options on my GSR - it came with everything.... The only options were the dealer installed options (i.e. body kit, mud flaps).

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Yeah, dirty - not as clean/crisp.

Hey, I'm not complaining.... my 2001's interior isn't very cool looking but at least it's still very functional.

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
Well, I agree that the RSX interior looks great. But I would never call the 2001 teg interior dirty. There are a lot of cars out there with ugly, cheap looking interiors. The teg interior may be a bit "dated", but I still think it looks a lot better than most.

·
Registered
102 Posts
I think the major difference is the profile of the RSX (Gen. 4 Integra). It doesn't have the same low profile streamlined look as the original Tegs. It took me awhile to get used to it, but after awhile, it starts to look pretty nice. I would still rather have them redesign that thing to make it look more sportier like it's predecessors. Also, why do they have to give all their cars that Alpha-numeric B.S.? 3.2TL....RSX....all that crap. At least keep the RSX named Integra!!!

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
FlyinHighImport on Sep/04/02 said:
wow this thread is really old, started in june!
g3 type r 27k
rsx type s 27k
arguing over if it is fat.....priceless...
I can't speak for the price of a gen3 Type R, but my RSX Type-S set me back only $24K, 6% tax included.

That's only $1500 more than the out-the-door price of my '98 GS-R when I bought it new. Considering the performance and features of my RSX Type-S compared with my '98 GS-R, the only fat I can think of is the fat in the price I paid for the GS-R.

·
Registered
138 Posts
yea the new RSX... just ain't doing it... the front end looks like a civic... the rear is just plan.... and the center is way too high.... looks as you guys say "plump" or "chubby"... i was looking at buying the RSX when i bought my GSR... boy am i glad that i didn't.... whats going on with honda they used to have some really bad cars.. now they have this chubby thing and a mini mini van they call an SI ?? whats the deal?

41 - 60 of 62 Posts