Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 262 Posts

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Welcome to the official thread for the 2006 Track attack Tour. A bunch of TI and HT members have put a small group together for the sole purpose of having buddies to go to HPDEs with. We put together a small list of tracks we want to "Attack" for the 2006 HPDE season.

EVERYoNE is invited to join us for a fun HPDE season. You do not have to be part of the group to run your car at the track, you do not HAVE to run your car at the track. You can come spectate. we always have BBQs and we would be more that happy to take you for ride alongs.

Resources

[*]Honda Tech Road Race forum
[*]Team Integra Competition Forum
[*]Helmet Information

[*]Physics Of Racing

[*]http://www.sfifoundation.com/
[/list]

online Saftey Equipment Stores

[*]www.saferacer.com

[*]http://www.safedrives.com/

[/list]

Schedule

2006 Season Opener
Friday April 14 2006
Track: The Streets of Willow Springs
This event is complete:[ Click here ] for the Recap Thread
[right click and save] for a RRW Video of Ben at this event.

Event 2: RRW Time attack Challenge #1
June 16 2006
Track: Streets Of Willow Clockwise
Event Company: Redline Track Events
Price 120
More info So yea who is the fastest among the group? If you choose to participate in the challenge, you will need to rent a transponder, you don't have to participate.. Power doesn't mean jack squat... can you hang?
Interested? [SiGN UP HERE!]

Event 3:
TBA
Track: Buttonwillow Raceway

Event 4:
TBA
Track: Infineon Raceway

Event 5:
TBA
Track: Laguna Seca

Event 6:
TBA
Track: Thunder Hill

Season Finale
The Season Closer :: Time Attack!!!
December 2nd - 3rd
Track: Buttonwillow Raceway
Hosted by Redline Track Events
Dec 2nd: Practice
Dec 3rd: Time Attack!!

More Dates to be announced as they are finalized.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
Very cool idea! I'll definatly make it a point to meet up with you guys. I don't think I can make it through the season without making at least one trip down to BUttonwillow in the middle of summer
My passenger seat is always available (I'll be running in advanced groups this year if any of you guys want to get a taste of that) plus I'll probably be at all of the NorCal NASA HPDE/Race days.

Heard a rumor you SoCal guys were thinking of making the haul up north this year.

Maybe I missed it but what does RRW stand for?

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
etv23 on Feb/15/06 said:
sounds like fun. i had my first taste of buttonwillow last weekend.

was that you in the green teg?

Quote: RacerZook on Feb/15/06 Heard a rumor you SoCal guys were thinking of making the haul up north this year.

That rumor is confirmed to be true chris, we are planning to track at at least 2 of these tracks:

[*]Laguna Seca[*]Thunder Hill[*]Infineon[/list]

Im going to check with Unlimited laps later on, most of the track attack dates will be in summer. But Spread out far enough to give the cars some rest and maintenance times.

Quote: RacerZook on Feb/15/06 Maybe I missed it but what does RRW stand for?

LOL, Last year when Raf, Darrell, Albert Derrick and myself were at Streets, we called ourselves Road Race *****s... lol

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
well, i am definitely going to make some of these events. I'll try and make the first one, but i need rims, a clutch, and suspension before i go (and maybe tuning). But if i can get my clutch and rims by april, then i'll be there.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
man i wish i still had my type r tranny..... i would so go but im not going with this ls tranny... it makes my heart feel like its in upsidedown.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
BolanosAV on Feb/16/06 said:
man i wish i still had my type r tranny..... i would so go but im not going with this ls tranny... it makes my heart feel like its in upsidedown.
Bah Just do it! Guys race with LS trannys all the time! (I know I will be in the near future)

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
pshhh... whats wrong with an ls tranny, i track that ***** all the days and i can keep up with wrx's evo's in the corners... i kinda lose them in the straights... they spool all over me. GO NA!

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Ah, the streets of willows. I really enjoyed HPDEing that course lot. Really fun!

Hmm... I'm not 100% sure if I'll be going just yet, but I'am interested. Definitely need to get a new set of azenis if I do plan on racing. Damn tires are starting to get low.

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Mattyg2 on Feb/17/06 said:
i need suspension and brakes.... if i can only get suspension by then, i doubt it though.
blown shocks?

brakes are a big thing, but if you're a beginner you won't be using the brakes that much, or even that hard.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
the only accpectable reasons for not driving if you want to go are:
1) you dont have a car....

thats it..

jk haha

2) need brakes because the ones on your car now are somewhere NEAR GoNE
3) need tires because the ones on your car now are BALD
4) no money (around $200 at least)
5) or your car has some serious technical problem, like slipping tranny, 3cyl, overheating, etc...

I RUN A STOCK AUTOMATIC LS MOTOR.. so other than those listed, THERE ARE NO EXCUSES!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
etv23 on Feb/17/06 said:
im on #4 "no money"
plus its a friday! if its a weekend, than im in.
i might be heading to the cal speedway event on March 4 and 5.
TIME ATTACK! yahoooo!
I might be there, actually, we debated about having that as the opener but we wanted something further in advanced so people can get the day off and have enough time to prep the car. Plus Streets if our favorite, why not open up with a technical course? Streets is where you learn to drive, Big willow is where you grow your balls, Buttonwillow is where you show how big your balls are.... see the pattern? haha Infineon, thunder hill... laguna sega = place to compare your huge balls lol.

we're gonna save the rrw time attack for buttonwillow in decmber with redline. Just so most of us can have some seat time before the attack and so we have enough time to do any more prepwork if need be. The rest of the RRw and people interested in going should go to the time attack at cali speedway as a "get to know the participants" meet up. Even if we are not going to run that course (I don't have 220 bucks to blow right now) Besides it's free to watch.

Earl, if you go, PM me and I can add it to the schedule so we can all meet up and get to know everyone planning to participate in our track attack.

·
Registered
156 Posts
ilubdonutz on Feb/17/06 said:
Quote: etv23 on Feb/17/06im on #4 "no money" plus its a friday! if its a weekend, than im in.
i might be heading to the cal speedway event on March 4 and 5.
TIME ATTACK! yahoooo!

I might be there, actually, we debated about having that as the opener but we wanted something further in advanced so people can get the day off and have enough time to prep the car. Plus Streets if our favorite, why not open up with a technical course? Streets is where you learn to drive, Big willow is where you grow your balls, Buttonwillow is where you show how big your balls are.... see the pattern? haha Infineon, thunder hill... laguna sega = place to compare your huge balls lol.

we're gonna save the rrw time attack for buttonwillow in decmber with redline. Just so most of us can have some seat time before the attack and so we have enough time to do any more prepwork if need be. The rest of the RRw and people interested in going should go to the time attack at cali speedway as a "get to know the participants" meet up. Even if we are not going to run that course (I don't have 220 bucks to blow right now) Besides it's free to watch.

Earl, if you go, PM me and I can add it to the schedule so we can all meet up and get to know everyone planning to participate in our track attack.
very well said.

now its a maybe for me on cali speedway. damn college payments....

·
Registered
2,383 Posts
Interesting....I want to go to at least a couple, but it won't happen till summer at the earliest. I'm so close to having a house built, so party at my place if there is an event in the summer?

1 - 20 of 262 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.