Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At first i started another topic because my RPM went from 3,000 to 3,500RPM all of a sudden this week at 80mph, Now after driving around for a while, i got 296 miles on 10 gallons of gas, i couldnt beleive it!!
But what the heck happend to my car?? All i got was a oil change recently and i know that cant effect it that much. Normally i used to get about 220-240 miles every 10 gallons. Whats going on here?? im getting really confused, but happy at the same time, but of course a little worried. This is the best gas mileage i have ever got before on this car.
thanks guys!

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
naw man, its still on high durring day and low at night, i live in vegas so its pretty much the same all summer
i guess nobody's ever had this happen, very very very strange, i called a tech today at Falconi's Acura in las vegas, and they siad they have absolutely no idea, and that either i got a new engine, MAJOR service, or something liek that, but i didnt!!

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
your tach maybe have gotten off, and the gas thing is just a coincidence.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
The only thing that I can think of is that you drove a higher percentage of highway miles than you normally do. There is a big difference in fuel consumption between normal stop and go driving and highway cruising. It doesn't take very many horsepower to maintain a constant highway speed.

Either that, or someone added a little gas to your car! That reminds me of a true story, possible embelished over the years since it occurred:

Some guys I work with used to work with this guy who was really anal about everything. Well, this guy bought a new car and was meticulous about it. He wouldn't stop talking about how great this car was. These guy hatched a plan. Each day they added about a quart of gas to his tank. He kept bragging about how great his gas mileage was. This went on for over 6 months. Then they abruptly stopped adding the gas. This guy started complaining that something was wrong with his car, as his gas mileage had dropped significantly. He took it to the dealer to get it fixed several times but they kept telling him that nothing was wrong with his car. He went to other dealers and was told the same thing - nothing is wrong with the car. He just KNEW that something was wrong with the car, so he traded it in. The guys never told him about their practical joke, as they were concerned about what he might do if he found out.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
HAHA @ knavekid's story! i gotta try that one sometime

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
haha knavekid, thats a good one, haha, my sister got a new car, i should do it to her!! Hahaha

btw, actually yeah i did drive more highway miles, school started about 3 weeks ago, and i moved to a new school thats like 30 miles away, and i take the highway directly to it, i guess that could be it. i just filled it up again today and i got 294 miles on 10.4 gallons of gas, awsome!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts