Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
At about the 5th of March when i first bought my teg, i remember going on the highway at 80mph flat, and reading 3,000RPM, nowdays when i drive on the highway to school, i go 80mph flat, and its about about 3,500RPM, is something bad happening to my car? Something making it need to push harder just to get the same speed?
ive done my share of fluid changes and flushes and all, but it hasnt moved a bit, but raised, whats up?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I can't comment on this because I have a GSR and you have an LS. But to give you a bit of input, at 80MPH, I'm cruisin at 3,500 RPM too. But my redline is a bit higher so I'm sure that makes a difference.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Gear ratios are static and can never change. So either your tach or your memory are whacked if you haven't changed your gears or tire size. Check this calculator out, enter in your gear ratios and tire size and get what speed you should be at for each RPM in each of your gears.

http://www.f-body.org/gears/

If you don't know your gear ratios you can of course find them in one of our Specifications articles.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
Tire size, tire pressure, road grade, ect can affect RPM.

It's really whack to have a 500 RPM change, as I don't think the examples I've listed will cause that much.

·
Registered
940 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I did get new tires durring that time period, 16 inch enkei's with low profiles, previously i had stock ls hubcap rims with stock wheels.
I was in 2 accidents 1 which blew my join on the wheel, and another i got rear ended, could that effect it?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
What's the size of the new tire? Enter the different tire sizes in the calculator with your gear ratios and see how it changes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts