Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well last night me, my friend(patrick, base rsx), and my dad(300ZX TT). Made our second trip out to Jackson. First for time for the dad. I took most of ya'lls racing advice. I took out the spare and front seat. Had only about a 1/4 tank of 93 left. And lowered the pressure to around 28psi to start. We ran 7 times, and my second run was the best of the night....
reaction .344
60 ft 2.47
330ft 6.90
1/8 10.45
1/8 69.42
1/4 16.0 s
1/4 86.2mph

I thought that was definately an improvement. (almost .5 seconds) And, It was hotter out last night than my first night. Later in teh night I lowered my pressure down to around 22psi and I pulled a 2.43 60ft. 1/4 in 16.1 at 85.21mph. I just can't get my 60 down much lower. Patrick lowered his time as well and pulled a 16.6 at like 81 in his RSX. We both decided that were going to wait until it cools down here in the blazing south. It was mid-80's during our runs. Anyways, i'm pleased and can't wait to go again later on this year.

O ya, my dad ran a 13.9 at 105.9mph the first run in his Z w/ a 2.2 60ft. I'll get his slip tonight and post it up exactly. His car definately has more potential, but the long drive there and the extreme heat kinda hurt him. Also, it was his first time running. Please comment on everyone's run

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
You have a GSR? I thought you had an LS/GS/RS. Yeah those numbers are a bit high for a GSR. Like was asked by soulchild, what are you launching at?

·
Registered
259 Posts
You can do much better than that...I ran a 15.7 also in 90+degree heat last week..and i'm pretty sure i can do much better than a 15.7 also..You need to practice your launches and get ur 60ft times down to 2.2 or 2.3..just keep practicing and practicing..Track conditions may play a big roll also, maybe the track you went to is at high elevation??...anyways, what mods do you have?

·
Registered
897 Posts
it doesn't matter, but hella nice RT man!

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ya I know that isnt legal, but what the hell. I don't bracket race. The elevation is only like 7 feet above sea level. I live in Augusta Georgia, right near the east.
Yes, I drive a 98 GSR
I launch around 4k. Maybe I am not stomping the gas fast enough. After my tires spin a little the rpms are still around 4k and climb from there in first. I am pretty sure the track here sucks though. All I have is AEM CAI. Also, I am running kumho ecxta supras. Not the greatest drag tires.

·
Registered
527 Posts
hey ...

i have a turbo upgrade for your dads car...
they are a texas turbo frankenstein upgrade capable of up to 600 hp... i can get the cfm specs on them if you wish also...
my team member bought them and wanted ot throw them in but after we rebuilt the tranny and with the jim wolff sport 500 upgrade we are trying to bring it to the 11's @ 120mph... on the setup he has... (automatic) and so we have no use for the T&T setup anymore... they are still new never bolted on the car... still in the origional plastic... looking at your fathers e.t's i dont think he would mind a little more power behind the car... give it some thought... the turbos retail over 1500 ... but we are asking 1200..obo... so let me know.

this is his car by the way

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I really think his car is capable of much faster times. We will go out during the winter and see how he does. It was 85 degrees out and around 65% humidity last week when we went. I think we are capable of low 13's and possibly high 12's. BTW, this was his first and only run.

·
Registered
527 Posts
on the stock turbos...in the z his best would be a low 13 with the boost up to around the 22psi mark. like i said just keep it in mind... we have been tuning this damn z for everrrrrr.... and it takes big bucks to get it to the low et's the mph are always there since the car is capable of hords of power.. but the z is a moster.. and weighs a ton so its hard to get her out the hole... just keep them in mind...i have pics of them also if he is interested...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ya I totally know what you mean. It is so powerful, but weighs a lot! We have the boost at 15psi(actually 1 bar) right now using the greddy profec A. I'll talk to him about it tonight but I really don't think he is looking for new turbos now.

·
Registered
527 Posts
crank that sob up to 1.2 bar.. and see what she floats... the greddy hard pipe kit is also a great upgraded to those spongy stock ones!
good luck but the turbos are sitting wait for an owner.. who knows we might throw them in for sh*ts and giggles one day if we dont find an owner

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
dx: My dad was wondering what a good launchign technique is for his car? He is also looking for new shocks/springs/sways soon. Do you have any good recommendations for any of that?

·
Registered
527 Posts
okay check it out...
#1 dont touch the suspension... the factory suspension is actually a tokico setup that has the push buttom damper control.. which is alot better than most after market setups... our Z messed up and bought the tokico blues and it dissapointed in the performance. if your going to do anything suspension wise spend the good money and get a full threaded set... which is bucks or keep the factory shock setup and drop the stance slightly with a nice set of grex or you can get launching springs through eibach... we like the grex because the eibachs dont have too aggresive a stance.

#2 launching... our Z is an automatic... so to get off the line is key with this big bertha. we took the tranny out and rebuilt it with a rebuild kit from level 10 and their upgraded torque converter... that alone was a huge difference.. the computer was sent out to JW and they reworked it so that its possible to build boost while doing an ebrake hold at the line... this along with a setup of nitto 555r's does the job for him... the nittos are nice but i prefer the BFG drag radials...that would probably be your dads best bet for dropping the 60ft a bit... TIRES! getting it to the ground is everybodies problem...

is your dad looking for any parts? we have so many extra parts for this car its ridiculous... i actually picked up a whole extra motor just for misc parts like sensors and brackets and stuff. we have body parts, motor, turbos... just keep this all in mind if pops is looking for something...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Wow thanks a lot for all of that info. It helped my dad out a lot on his decisions. We don't have anything right now that we need for the Z, but it is great to know that your here if we need you. I'm sure i'll be in touch with you over time...

·
Registered
17 Posts
i have a 2000 gs-R. with AEM cai and 5-zigen cat back and i ran a 15.3 @ 91.6 mph here in Arizona. does that sound like a pretty good run time for the car with just those basic mods?

·
Registered
527 Posts
TimmyMaryak: no problem good luck to you and your father...

AZGSRRACER: thats not bad there brotha man... ive seen stock gsr's off the lot turn out in the 15.5 range that seems to be the going e.t. off the lot... your 15.3 is not bad at all im thinking... with maybe the added header and a little practice on your launching you can turn out a few more tenths in your runs... best ive seen with basic i/h/e is a 14.9 in a 95 gsr's with a veteran girl racer driving...

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
That sounds good. Doesn't that basically prove that my track is crap, or the heat really got to it? I doubt my shifting slowed me down that much. Whats teh deal here?

1 - 20 of 20 Posts