Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, here's my problem. Every time i hit a pot hole or any unleveled ground my car makes a real loud boom. Is that normal? Its like going over a big curb. I have some generic coilovers, stock shocks, skunk2 camber kit and some 17s. If i replace with some better suspension, is that gonna eliminate the loud boom every time i hit a pot hole? how can i get a softer ride with a aftermarket kit?

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
I'm guessing that you are bottoming out.
You really need new shocks, they can't take the stress of lowing that well.

·
Registered
95 Posts
check your bumpstops

·
Premium Member
963 Posts
yup, like others said, check your bumpstops, check all 4 shocks, raise the car a bit, and avoid potholes. no pothole or sudden uneven-ness of the road is good for your car, especially your shocks. and considere upgrading those shocks, they are already pretty overworked since you have coilovers.

·
Registered
1,120 Posts
dude im riding on stock struts and "maxspeed" coilovers
and im lowered about 2 1/2 -3in and i dont have the problem you do

im on 17s also

·
Registered
611 Posts
turbogroove on Feb/16/04 said:
Quote: opeth13 on Feb/16/04read this post, follow my links in the post: **LINK**
If you still can't figure it out, give me a shout.
thanks!
Thank god, you seem to have gotten it! I hope... The last two guys I tried to help weren't as bright. Good luck

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.