Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im obsessed with Mugen M7's...i have the money for them but i also like the SSR Type X. instead of spending almost 2 g's on rims w/o tires im thinkin of getting the Rota JMAG's (M7 replica) or the Rota Type X replica's. HOW DO YOU ALL FEEL ABOUT ROTA? im really thinking of getting the Rota JMAG's, they are only $400.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Who cares? It's up to you.

I only like Rota because most of their wheels (replicas) look good for 3/4 of the price.

I have Rota GT3s, I didn't get them because everyone has Rotas. I got them because I really like the way they look and I only paid $100 for them.

If you have money and care, then buy the "real deal". If you would rather spend the money elsewhere, then buy the Rotas.

Simple.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Rotas are good for the money, but real deals are better. I had sets and sets of Rotas before, and I loved all of them. Now that I have Volks, my whole perspective about rims just changes..... and I'm pretty sure yours will also once you buy 'real deal' rims.

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
Oh yeah, if you want the Auto-X's, I'd suggest getting the SSR Type-X instead. Why? Because they cost only a couple hundred more. If you plan on getting brand new Auto-X's with brand new tires, you might as well pick up a set of used SSR's w/tires for the same price, if not cheaper.

·
Registered
905 Posts
in my opion. get the rota. this is how i see it, if your not competing your ride in a car show then save yourself some money and get the rota. at least in a car show if you win you get some cash back. on the other hand another integra member will give you props for have 2G rims, but there not going to give you a penny for owning those rims. they might even think about stealling it from you.

it will be a waist of money to get a 2G rims to drive on the street. on the street i would say at least 50% of the people that check out your car wont even know what it is or care that its mugen.

Oh not to mention THIEVES.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've got rota's and I'm not complaining.. If i curb them or wreck my car and they get destroyed I'm not going to kill myself because I spent a ton of money on wheels. Know what I mean?

·
Registered
4,563 Posts
^Not only for bling/bragging rights, but also quality. Most originals are forged, with the exception of a few (i.e. Advan RG's).

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
JD97 on Feb/03/06 said:
in my opion. get the rota. this is how i see it, if your not competing your ride in a car show then save yourself some money and get the rota. at least in a car show if you win you get some cash back. on the other hand another integra member will give you props for have 2G rims, but there not going to give you a penny for owning those rims. they might even think about stealling it from you.

it will be a waist of money to get a 2G rims to drive on the street. on the street i would say at least 50% of the people that check out your car wont even know what it is or care that its mugen.

I agree with what he said. If you are participating in car show competitions, then the name brand wheel would seem to be the way to go. However, if you are just getting a set of rims to drive around on, then get the Rotas. It's possible that the rims may get damaged as you are driving about during your travels. I would rather have a less expensive rim damaged than have some high dollar blinging JDM rim curbed, dinged or worse yet, stolen.

I run a set of Slipstreams as my AutoX rims and love them. They look nice ( I get lots of complements) and perform well. They were also relatively inexpensive. There were lighter wheels out there, but at three times the cost for a weight savings of only about a half pound, it just didn't seem worth it to me.

I don't think that you would be disappointed with the quality of the Rotas vs what you'll pay for them.

Hope this helps.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
JD97 on Feb/03/06 said:

thanks for the input! my DB8 is a daily driver and i forgot to think about that. i wouldnt want to rock the Mugens all day every day, maybe in the future have em jus for shows and days i feel like a "jdm baller hoe". i like the Rotas and the only differences are on Mugen: 40 bolts, coned center cap, Mugen engraving, and the position on the place where you put in the air(forgot the name). thanks again!

·
Registered
231 Posts
DB8JOAQUIN on Feb/03/06 said:
im obsessed with Mugen M7's...i have the money for them but i also like the SSR Type X. instead of spending almost 2 g's on rims w/o tires im thinkin of getting the Rota JMAG's (M7 replica) or the Rota Type X replica's. HOW DO YOU ALL FEEL ABOUT ROTA? im really thinking of getting the Rota JMAG's, they are only $400.
These are all respectable wheels, but forget about the 2k for the Mugens, and Rotas are kind of a dime a dozen. Why dont you consider Axis Maglites? They have a similar style and are quite a bit lighter not to mention they look awesome.

Just throwing another option at you!

·
Registered
1,376 Posts
Like others said, think about what you can do with 2k. Go with Rotas, but also think about ALMOST everyone on this site having Rotas also. It's sort of confusing to you, but in the end, you'll probably say, "Damn I saved a bunch of money by switching to Rota."

1 - 20 of 52 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.