Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
321 Posts
eh aznguyen316, if i were you, i'll just specail order some universal lugs from the dealership, all those lugs that they sell at the tire stores have the same lock, anyone who purchase a lock from any tire store will have access to your lock as well and when you come to know it, your rims will be gone.

·
Registered
820 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
eh, so I WILL need tuner lugs, just don't get boughetto generic ones right? I'm planning on getting some Gorilla Tuner lugs because I've heard they're quite decent. I'm not too too afraid of getting jacked, but I'm sure a tuner lug key is less common than a regular lug nut remover. maybe... thanks for your help guys!

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Time to break out this pic again.

You need a lug with a tapered seat like the one on the left. Our stock ones use the ones in the middle. Please DO NOT use STOCK lugs on aftermarket wheels.

·
Registered
910 Posts
nice pic but i still dont see why a stock lug wont work. if your talkin about damage to the wheel...its not like you can see behind the lug anyway. is it a safety reason?

·
Registered
463 Posts
Integger22 on Feb/26/04 said:
nice pic but i still dont see why a stock lug wont work. if your talkin about damage to the wheel...its not like you can see behind the lug anyway. is it a safety reason?
Yes, it is a safety reason. You want each lugnut to hold the load with the least amount of stress. A ball style lugnut will not seat properly on a tapered cavity. This will cause pressure spots at the mating surfaces of both the wheel and the lugnuts.

·
Registered
675 Posts
aogawa on Feb/26/04 said:
Yes, it is a safety reason. You want each lugnut to hold the load with the least amount of stress. A ball style lugnut will not seat properly on a tapered cavity. This will cause pressure spots at the mating surfaces of both the wheel and the lugnuts.
Exactly, and do you want to be riding around in a car if the lug nuts only have about 1/10th of the contact area? And if you are doing hard driving, taking corners fast, drag racing...your just asking for a disaster. I would get a nice set too, I have heard of cheap ones stripping the lugs. Torque to 80 ft/lbs.

·
Registered
4,058 Posts
Quote: AlvinHuyN on Feb/24/04 NO, dont buy tuner lug nuts and let the thieves steal your wheels.

Quote: 97_Integra_GSR on Feb/24/04 eh aznguyen316, if i were you, i'll just specail order some universal lugs from the dealership, all those lugs that they sell at the tire stores have the same lock, anyone who purchase a lock from any tire store will have access to your lock as well and when you come to know it, your rims will be gone.

Quote: TheGSRGuy on Feb/24/04 McGard makes a whole slew of lug types, just pick up some tuner lugs and get a locking lug for each wheel...$50 to protect $1000 is a pretty damn good deal.

Quote: JustinIntegra99 on Feb/24/04 I would really go with the universal, cuase you don't want those new wheels to be gone

READ THE QUESTIoN BEFORE POSTING!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.