Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok currently I'm running 2 JL 10w-3 D2's off a 500/1 JL amp and it sounded pretty good till both subs died! So now that I have to get new ones I'm thinking about getting 2 Rockford 10" HE2's. I was wondering if anyone else has them because I heard 1 ten and it was insane and only costs like $110.

Another Question I need to get and new Battery and a Capacitor because my head lights blink. Not only that though I have interior neons Under body neons and strobes and when the bass hits everything goes nuts. The neons blink ... its like free music interface. Would a Capacitor alone solve this problem or would a Capacitor and a Battery. I know the alternator takes the hit when the car is running and not the Battery. But would change the Battery help at all because all the neons and strobes are wired to the Battery.

Any Suggestions on Battery to get or Capacitor?

·
Registered
1,045 Posts
well anything from RF always sounds good...the capacitor may solve the problem just a little but not completely...my suggestion is hook up everything that you added on that is electrical, all of your neeons and stuff to an extra battery located in the trunk. there are a couple batteries out there just made for car audio but i cant think of them at the moment, all i know is they were in a car audio magazine for this month.

·
Registered
825 Posts
Capacitor will help...but at the rate you are draining the battery it wont help for long and the battery will just die again and again. Also, the HE 2's are good but not worth the money in my opinion. They are good but personally I would go for Kicker Comp Vr's (cheaper then the he2's) or Audiobahn Flames ( about the same price ). I love the rockford HX2's tho =). Too bad they are much much more expensive. Hope that helps.

·
Registered
573 Posts
capacitators are like putting a band-aid on a severed main vein... you need a new battery or high-output alternator if your car is having electrical problems with your system...

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The jls are blown both of them ... so a cap will do little to nothing at all.

How much will a new alt cost/ what kind?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts