Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know that it's normal that the lifters make noise whenever the weather gets really cold like -30/-40, but does it damage my engine at all?

BTW I keep it under 4rpm until it warms up.

·
Registered
264 Posts
I'm about 40mins from you in Barrie and mine does it too. Gets worse under exceleration until warmed up. I run synthetic, don't know if that has anything to do with it.I don't think it hurts them at all but have you gone to get them adjusted yet? I'm gonna, Barrie Acura quoted $100. I'd do it myself but working in this wx sux!
By the way watch for a red GS-R, white rims and Nova Scotia tags when your out and around and say "HEY"!

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
The Valves need adjusting every 15-20k. When it is that cold out the oil takes longer to circulate and the valves will be louder than normal.

Keep up on your maintence schedule to minimize wear. I hope you have 5w30 in there.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I'm keeping up on maintence and I have 5w30 in there. Just got the oil change at the end of december.

Anyways I was just wondering if any damage could be happening to my engine at all pertaining to the rockers/lifters.

BTW I have about 5k more before I have to adjust my valves again.

·
Registered
1,441 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ok, thanks.

Would anything else in the engine make a similar noise like the rockers/lifters? As a warning sign of anything about to let go?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts