Team Integra Forums banner

rock thrown through my window!

2K views 26 replies 25 participants last post by  G24life 
#1 ·
Neighbors woke me up this morning to tell me that my car had been broken into. I go outside and see a huge piece of slate sitting on my brand new itr shift knob. Nothing was stolen thank god. The worst part is that it has been raining all morning so my interior is really really wet. Boy I love people.

Its being fixed today at 3oclock. I wonder if they will fix the glass stuck in my leather? Doubt it.

See less See more
#5 ·
you sure this has nothing to do with your TI name "rockbottom"? j/k

This really sucks, are you sure you didn't piss someone off? Cut someone off on the way home? neighbors that don't like you? hopefully you could find out who did this.

#6 ·
Oh, dude, that sucks so bad. My car has been egged(haven't had it a year, yet) but at least that just washes off! It actually made me chuckle to myself a little, I took it as a compliment.

But, I have to say, I'm glad this isn't another theft story. It could always be worse! At first I was pissed while scrubbing egg from my front snowflake's mesh, but then I thought about the big-time potential for worse situations to arise. I was just glad the car was still there!

My gf works with a girl whose boyfriend bought a black '98, paid cash, and stopped in Hartford at *forget-its-name-don't-go-there* mall. Went into EMS, walked out ten minutes later, broad daylight, car was gone.

This was a week ago. The police recovered the car yesterday - it's a complete loss. Police said the same day, another Honda was stolen from the mall's lot.

He hadn't insured it yet, as he bought it on Sunday, was planning to go home, park it, and go out with one of his two other cars for the night. Was gonna call on the insurance in the morning. I don't know him well, but he's not a happy guy right now...

GL getting it cleaned up! And f*** them, I'd say they were just jealous of your Teg! (Probably drive Mom's Taur-ass or something *LOL*)

#14 ·
i'd put a hidden camera. cuz if u have some enemy watching out ur car at night, they might come back again after u get it fixed. and i'm sure its prolly around 125-150 to get the windows fixed. if u find out who did it, u can then either call the cops or have a lil fun urself. the cameras r like 80 bucks some places and radioshack has like 2 or 3 different types for $100 and $150. better than fixing ur windows every month. but then again, it might never happen again, or it might be worse.

#17 ·
i've heard of people doing that to cars to see if they have a glass breakage sensor...or better yet..an alarm...they test cars this way...so i would watch out because they might be back...this happened to my aunt who had a cadillac...they threw a rock at the window...realized there was no alarm...and stole it...just be careful man

#21 ·
yeah they usually do a pretty good job of cleaning out all the glass when they replace the window, I had someone break mine once and my alarm scared them off...I guess it all depends on the glass place on how well they will clean it up

#26 ·
Well I just got back from getting it fixed. It seems the only damage was to my new shift knob, and some glass tore the leather. The center console also got a little scratched up, but Im not too bent out shape about it.
I have no idea who it was, but I am certainly not parking on the street anymore.

Hahah yea my username is very fitting now. It actually came from back when I used to watch wwf.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.