Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
oh my i can't believe how rash this track was.. i was at an event today. went for a few rides. there were 3 type R's and a RSX type s driven by a girl..

http://www.imagestation.com/album/?id=4291342769

i'm signing up for buttonwillow in early november.. now i'm seriously considering buying another set of road race only rims/tires..

what i was noticing was that after and during the event.. everyone's tires(falkens, azenis, etc) were melty feeling to the touch and looked like a skinned knee.. are all road racing tracks this evil to tires? or is that track in particular just a bad dream?

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
That sucks, I have a hard time keeping the dust off my tires from not driving it for 120 days!
...will the waiting ever end!

·
Registered
6,352 Posts
Those cars look badass!! You're lucky that you guys have a track like that in Cali.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
lMlElNaCe-GsR on Sep/20/02 said:
how far is that from here and how much is it to race?
its 20 minutes north of palmdale.. it was a private event.. hosted by speedtrial.. invite only. but i didn't catch how much the boys were paying..

road racing tracks can run about $150+ for the day.. i know laguna seca costs $350. eek! dont forget you also need a helmet($200+).. gets pretty costly especially considering tires.. but its hella fun..

there are quite a few permenant road racing tracks in cali.. and each have different characteristics.
california speedway (fontana)
laguna seca (monterey)
buttonwillow(north of bakersfield)
willow springs/streets of willow(rosamont)
sears point(north of the bay)

·
Registered
608 Posts
wut was that CTR thing?? looks very real to me or is it a very expensive civic CX

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
dont forget about ThunderHill raceway in Willows,Ca (about an hour north of sacramento). There's gonna be a trackday there on Nov. 23 held by tracknutz. Im going for sure. $175 for 2+ hours track time garenteed and $20 for an instrutor. Yeah Im gonna have to get some new tires before I go....And some new ones when I get back I suppose!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yep your right!! it's a genuine right hand jdm drive civic type r.. KMC's CTR in fact.. quite fast indeed.. i know i should have gotten more pictures.. but it was a big awkward because it was a private event.. and i'm a lil shy when i dont know everyone there..

my rims.. old school jdm 16" Work Ewing Rs-Beta's.. not too many of these around.. i've only seen them on 4 or 5 other cars to this day..

·
Registered
374 Posts
$175-350 to race at the track? Damn. Our Dragstrip about 15 minutes from me is 15 bucks, to do as many runs as you can, but there's a line, so you get at least once or twice. The only thing is, you can't pick you you're lined up against. Like that '71 Cuda Hemi that did a start resembling Diesel's charger...My car was like a go-cart.

·
Registered
1,790 Posts
Track racing, and drag strip racing are VERY different entities. The added cost, in my opinion, is more than worth it. Don't forget, when you are on these tracks, it's for an our, or two. Not 16.8 seconds :)

No, by the way, this isn't a flame to drag strip racers. I look forward to my first trip up to the local strip soon, I'm just adding my 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Buttonwillow is a cool track. I was out there about five years ago when my Dad and his friends rented the track and ran their motorcycles all day. I even got to work the track. But the owner/management of the track insisted that they could only use it for their own education rather than racing. :\ They raced anyways and one guy totaled his crotch rocket on the east loop.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts