Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
system was installed last Friday with the wiring from the previous owners car, the right side kept crackling in and out, thought it might be the amp, it wasn't...... the sub would be non-existant then when I cranked the volume it would be full-blast........ drives me nuts
this evening I came out to the car and cranked the engine and no power, so I go under the hood and see that the positive terminal was loose (I plan on replacing the crap terminal with something gold and beefy) so I tapped it down as best I could and guess what, I had sound for the entire drive home...........
I'm still not convinced that the positive terminal was my problem but I had full sound, go figure
gonna swap rca's tomorrow and see what happens, I'm hoping it's not my brand new headunit being problematic

·
Registered
535 Posts
I have a problem with my left front speaker, I don't know if they are all made the same but they are boston acustics, and one of the two wires rubs against the speaker dome and makes that annoying sound, A friend told me to wrap the wire with electrical tape but I have not done so,...

take off the speaker cover and slightly move the wire around and see if it does any thing...

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
my problem turned out to be the positive terminal
I replaced it with a gold terminal that accepts 0 guage today and the system sounds great
$5 for the terminal but it was worth it

1 - 3 of 3 Posts