Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i recently took a trip through our local carbon canyon (double hairpin turns and what not... fun stuff). anyway... i was driving along and i hear kinda a scraping noise coming from my rear right brake... as if the pad is just barely touching the disc. sometimes it goes away when i press on the brake pedal a lil... sometimes it won't go away at all till i drive for a bit. It kinda feels like maybe the brakes aren't squeezing back there sometimes and the pads just sit there shifting around... touching the disc on occasion. Sometimes it seems as though they're working... i dunno. any ideas guys?

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
ok now i'm not sure if its the front or back right wheel... i can't tell anymore. anyways... the sound is worse than ever now. and its really buggin me. help please!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Jackup each corner and figure out where it's coming from then investigate. My buddy had a similar problem on his car, turned out to be warped rear rotors. Told him not to drive with the hand brake on!!

·
Registered
64 Posts
I had a similar problem.....the rotor might be worn as stumpy said (an inexpensive fix for a shop to do assuming its not too warped). My problem was a combo of that and the calipers sticking a little, causing the break pad to rub and and wear down quickly (the calipers would put pressure on the pad, but wouldnt release the pressure fully) I just replaced the pads and used some break lube stuff. Now everything is fine.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
alright, i figured out the problem. it WAS in the front right brake and my pads in the front are really worn down. a metal part of the clip to hold on the brake pads is touching the rotor. i'm taking it in for service tomorrow. thanks a lot for the info guys!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts