Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yo peeps. I decided to install the coilovers with my bro instead of paying more money, and thanks to TI articles which was useful it took me one hour to take the front shock off here my dilema now am i using the right compressor im having a hard time sliding or getting in the springs

and if there an article of how to assemble the shock with the sleeves?

Goodbye

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
the one i have in my garage has u-bolts, but pretty much the same concept as that one....it takes for ever bc you have to turn each side a little bit at a time...one time i didnt feel like using it and took the parts out to this abandoned industrial area at 1am and let her go!!, i had to run down the road and catch some pieces though! very dangerous, would not recommend, just be patient and use the tool

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Just put it back together the way it came. It's that simple.

And for reference, there is NO DANGER in taking apart the rear spring/strut assembly without the spring compressor. The compressor is only really needed for the front.

·
Registered
935 Posts
put everything back in the box and return it in an unopened like manner. Buy some lowering springs...

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i cut mine in half, the directions on my coilovers suggested it....and see the red part of the bump stops, thats probably all hard anywayz......oh, i know what youre doing wrong, your wearing sandals while working on your car!

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
lol too lazy to put on my shoes..anywho whick nut do i use there so many and im following the direction on the box and the article here, anybody know? do i really need those washer, the black ones?

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
i had to put my coilovers all the way up, and then adjust them down...shouldnt be loose once you take the car off the jack....loose where??

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
just the srings if i slide it one side the srings goes with it, also do i need the pillow mount cuz it doesn't have it installed, man i wish i could post pics but something is messed wiht my pc it doesn't transfer the pic to the pc.

·
Registered
2,763 Posts
Those are the same compressors I used, those things are such a pain. I stripped quite a bit of powder coating off of my neuspeed springs with those bastards.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
here some old pics i have, it mostly the same tell me what u see wrong?

i have added the bumper thing
do i need any of these bolts?

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
you need to put on all those peices except that bump rubber. the rubber bushing goes at the top with one of those circular washers on each side. if you put it on like you have it your srut will be sticking up thru you shock tower in the engine bay.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
you need to switch your locking spring seat around. the one that has the extra sleve needs to be under the spring facing up, keeps the spring from rubbing against the threads in the strange case that it might get knocked around a bit. The collar that is simply a ring is your locking collar.

EDIT: actually, it looks to me that you need to flip the entire threaded sleeve upside down, that section of threadless sleeve should be at the top if i'm not mistaken... i might be wrong tho.

·
Registered
874 Posts
That spring compressor you're using in the original pictures is the ghetto piece of sh*t I rented from my local Shucks Auto Supply to do my suspension install.

It really is the most archaic (sp?) idiotic tool invented...on top of that the one I used had really messed up threading on the bolts and it took easily 30 minutes to compress a spring.

In the words of Bill Clinton "I feel your pain".

1 - 20 of 22 Posts