Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 94 with a 1.8 non vtec. Ran in an asphalt enduro 1/3 mile. 3rd gear wasn't enough and 2nd was hitting the limit half way down the strait. I was running a 195/60/14. My tach doesn't work so from what I could see by research looks like maybe 6800 or 7000 is recline. Looks like if I would go to a 215 tire that would get me further. Is there anyway cheaply to pick up 2 to 300 rpm?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 94 with a 1.8 non vtec. Ran in an asphalt enduro 1/3 mile. 3rd gear wasn't enough and 2nd was hitting the limit half way down the strait. I was running a 195/60/14. My tach doesn't work so from what I could see by research looks like maybe 6800 or 7000 is recline. Looks like if I would go to a 215 tire that would get me further. Is there anyway cheaply to pick up 2 to 300 rpm?
The problem is even if hypothetically you were to get 300 more rpm the oem usdm ecu will cut before that point. Got to increase your efficiency thermal weight ect. You seem all motor, what is your intake, air box, motor, trans, weight reduction, thermal efficiency setup. You can run a naca duct under the front with some tubing up to the intake filter. Its been years since I tinkered with cars but I had used a 2.5 inch plastic vacuum cleaner duct thermal tape wrapped there before pointed up directly at the bottom of the air filter on my teg, had a short ram intake n/a at that time. If I remember correctly I did try to fit a 3 inch duct but it would not clear some stuff in the bay, I had to squish it which would cause air turbulence in the piping. Used that piping because it was plastic and it has ridges on the outside so once you wrap it with thermal tape the ridges have air pockets to keep it cool. Had put a bung with a 1/8 threaded temperature sensor to an air temp gauge in the intake piping after the filter. Also put one of those temperature sensors with the silver un threaded tips in the duct itself. I cant remember how much by degrees but it dropped the intake air temps a couple of degrees at once you started moving vs no ducting. You can also get a dedicated spare headlight and bore it out and run a velocity stack duct directly to the air filter. That one I made but never got to test it on the thermal, responsiveness differences.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts